Premium Member
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON

dillyhammer to graniterock

Premium Member

to graniterock

Re: voip.ms Toronto servers

said by graniterock:

Another vote for the Montreal server. I find it much more reliable than Toronto. Although occasionally I get dead air when I try to dial out or I have to say hello an extra time or two when answering a call.

Yeah I get the dead air and the extra "hellos" too. But that's just lately. Never used to happen.

IMNSHO, service quality with voip.ms has actually deteriorated recently. Technical issues... less then stellar and somewhat laggy support...

I find myself less happy than I was.

If it continues, I'm going to shop around. I like the features and ridiculously low prices voip.ms offers, but if they're coming now at the price of reliability I'll take a pass.

Mike
mlord
join:2006-11-05
Kanata, ON

mlord

Yeah, voip.ms has been pretty wretched here too for the past 6 months. Most incoming calls end up with one-way voice on the first attempt, and we had our DID completely offline (without knowledge of it) for 10 days. Outgoing calls work fine, of course, but nobody could call us on it.

Thankfully, we've migrated to using our mobiles for most stuff now; the house line (voip.ms) is much more rarely used.