uniqs
share rss forum feed

Premium
join:2003-09-29
New York, NY

Empty 'I am not a robot' calculation on verification page

before highlight

after highlight
I changed my account's email address this morning and an email verification link was sent to that new email address. When I clicked on the link I was brought to a DSLR verification page, however the 'not a robot calculation' message box on that page was empty except for a small entry box and a click box to confirm 'I am not a robot.'

After playing around with it for a while I saw that I needed to highlight the message box to show what calculation had to be performed. I've never seen anything like that before so I'm letting you know in case this isn't by design.

I've attached two screenshots showing what the message box looked like before and after I highlighted it. If it matters, I'm on XP Pro SP3 with all updates; IE8 all updates.

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
join:2000-11-17
fishing
kudos:14

Does it look that way using another browser? Thanks.

Premium
New York, NY

1 recommendation

I'll try it out, I'm reformatting the battery right now. I have CentOS on a stick, nice OS that is.

If it does or not, does it matter? Or are you trying to sell another browser so called solution?

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
join:2000-11-17
fishing
kudos:14

I'm trying to find out if it's a problem related to one browser only, all browsers, just some of them. I'd also like to know if anyone else is having the problem. It helps narrow down the cause.
--
my pants are parched and thirsty

Premium
New York, NY

It's difficult for me to test this out on my side unless I keep changing my email address and I only have a few. That same page isn't likely to work anymore for me since it was a one off verification page.

I'm willing to test this with you, but maybe make a test page that doesn't require me to change my email address each time.