All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
UK_Dave
join:2011-01-27
Powassan, ON

UK_Dave to JonyBelGeul

to JonyBelGeul

Re: Why we are not opposing motion on Monday.

Some good stuff coming out.

But so far, I see lots of free consultancy for rights holders about why and how and what a new business model should, or could, look like.

.Advertising.
.Try before buy.
.Better distribution.

Putting that aside for a little later - if the rights holder rejects that model for whatever reasons they may choose to do so (and I'm guessing its financial, else they'd be doing it) - what is the "moral" pirates response?

We'll force you?

Or am I giving too much credit? If movies were available for $3, with some advertising thrown in - do you think some people would still crack it and post a commercial-free, cost-free, download somewhere online?
JonyBelGeul
Premium Member
join:2008-07-31

1 recommendation

JonyBelGeul

Premium Member

"Pirate" is also a misnomer. Allow me to illustrate.

Pirates are criminals who, first shoot you with a big cannon to disable your ship, then board your ship with sabers and pistols, then shoot and cut you with those weapons, rape your women, abduct your children to be raised as slaves, kill you in the end, but before they go back to their ship, rummage through your cargo, steal your CDs and DVDs, make copies, which they then sell for profits.

But seriously.

A Lurker
that's Ms Lurker btw
Premium Member
join:2007-10-27
Wellington N

A Lurker to UK_Dave

Premium Member

to UK_Dave
said by UK_Dave:

Or am I giving too much credit? If movies were available for $3, with some advertising thrown in - do you think some people would still crack it and post a commercial-free, cost-free, download somewhere online?

Some would, just because they could.

fasteddy is right though, we've dragged this way off topic. Just pointing out that those using torrents may not feel it is as black and white. I know (and appreciate) the difference between upload and download, but not all do.