uniqs
resa1983
Premium Member
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON

resa1983 to UK_Dave

Premium Member

to UK_Dave

Re: [Twitter] Court Hashtag - for Monday ?

42 subscribers reported in error. 92 not reported in error to be sent soon. Those infusion emails? They've been using them to track how many people have received their notices. Which is less than 10% of affected subs.

Judge refused to hear cippic, as they didn't move to intervene, but just write a letter. Judge will read letter again before decision to delay to jan.

Judge making decision now, hense able to tweet.
resa1983

resa1983

Premium Member

Oh yeah.. Main thing.. Teksavvy opposing motion til they can inform more subscribers.
JMJimmy
join:2008-07-23

JMJimmy to resa1983

to resa1983
said by resa1983:

42 subscribers reported in error. 92 not reported in error to be sent soon. Those infusion emails? They've been using them to track how many people have received their notices. Which is less than 10% of affected subs.

Judge refused to hear cippic, as they didn't move to intervene, but just write a letter. Judge will read letter again before decision to delay to jan.

CIPPIC didn't move to intervene!?! In the letter they state their intention to do just that... !#$@#%&$&

Gimli
Premium Member
join:2006-01-03
l5a2o4

Gimli

Premium Member

said by JMJimmy:

said by resa1983:

CIPPIC didn't move to intervene!?! In the letter they state their intention to do just that... !#$@#%&$&

So Teksavvy is sitting there making sure they dont get in crap for not complying and CIPPIC is like baby in the corner....

lovely
tezster
join:2007-10-17
Mississauga, ON

tezster

People sure like to jump to the worse possible conclusions here - CIPPIC weren't given a chance to speak; what are they supposed to do?
Torabo
join:2009-09-01

Torabo to JMJimmy

to JMJimmy
said by JMJimmy:

said by resa1983:

They didn't move to intervene because they didn't have enough time to do so (as mentioned in the letter) so with it pushed back to jan 14th that should allow them time to do so... at least that's how I read/see it
JMJimmy
join:2008-07-23

JMJimmy to tezster

to tezster
said by tezster:

People sure like to jump to the worse possible conclusions here - CIPPIC weren't given a chance to speak; what are they supposed to do?

Unless resa is wrong, they didn't get a chance to speak because they didn't file to intervene. They filed a letter which merely claims their intent to intervene.
The Mongoose
join:2010-01-05
Toronto, ON

1 recommendation

The Mongoose to Gimli

to Gimli
said by Gimli:

So Teksavvy is sitting there making sure they dont get in crap for not complying and CIPPIC is like baby in the corner....

lovely

Actually, considering they're technically not opposing the motion, Teksavvy pushed pretty hard for the adjournment and got it. This gives CIPPIC breathing space to actually file a proper motion to intervene. It may not have been coordinated but it works out quite well if CIPPIC gets that motion granted. More time for notification and a chance to put together a real, privacy-based legal opposition to Voltage.
swampboy
join:2012-01-24
Hamilton, ON

swampboy to JMJimmy

to JMJimmy
Link to CIPPIC submission:

»www.cippic.ca/sites/defa ··· 2012.pdf
UK_Dave
join:2011-01-27
Powassan, ON

UK_Dave to JMJimmy

to JMJimmy
---------------------

Read their submission before you blow a valve or something....

"We also intend to apply to intervene in the hearing of the motion, but cannot do so in the
short time that has elapsed between the filing of the motion on December 11 and the
proposed hearing date, six days later."

The wording suggests to me, that they INTEND TO APPLY to intervene. And with this delay (well played on the email, Marc), they will.
swampboy
join:2012-01-24
Hamilton, ON

swampboy

Thanks to all for their efforts. Teksavvy especially for getting the adjournment. Time for everyone to organize and get behind CIPPIC and others. We can make history here if we can get a precedent against these trolls. This is an IMPORTANT battle to win - notify everyone you know of the danger they can face, even if they are innocent.

mazhurg
Premium Member
join:2004-05-02
Brighton, ON

mazhurg

Premium Member

said by swampboy:

notify everyone you know of the danger they can face, even if they are innocent.

I would use the word "especially" here, as they _are_ victims.

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

1 edit

AVD to JMJimmy

Premium Member

to JMJimmy
n/m
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs to tezster

Premium Member

to tezster
said by tezster:

CIPPIC may not get to speak on January 14th either.
It all depends on what the judge thinks.
UK_Dave
join:2011-01-27
Powassan, ON

UK_Dave

I think that is becoming the key issue.

CIPPIC get to fight with both hands free, TSI it could be said have a hand tied, or at least some serious disadvantages in comparison. SO by design, or accident - we're still here this evening.

UBB taught TSI a few lessons I would say - about business focus.

And i'm pretty sure some of the repercussions for their standing up for net access in Canada are still going on. I don't buy the Rogers DHCP issues (couple hundred tickets a day or something?), and the Bell packet loss (another 50+ tickets), and the DSL dropped connections and slow downs (another 100+), and the general jerking around TSI have been put through. And I don't buy this case as being coincidental.

This smacks of a concerted effort by whoever we want to throw stones at, to snuff the will to live out of an independent player who unifies people and fights the incumbents.

And I for one am going to stay fucking unified if I have to be the last one stood here.

Please folks, look at the alteratives. Ask what the others would have done. TSI piss many of you off daily, sometimes they piss me off as well. I'm suffering all types of crap with my connection. They may screw up some billing, they may take an age to answer.... there may be times their reps aren't the politest - or whatever your personal bugbear is. But we are involved here - we talk to them, they listen, they try to do the right thing. Can you say that about Bell or whoever the hell you were with before?

So please, we've got to send a message that this is where it starts and this is where it will end.

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26

Premium Member

Actually the DHCP issues have been documented and confirmed due to the way IPs are assigned and the upgrades Rogers has been doing. I would concur on everything else. Packet loss? It's obvious Bell wants to give the worst possible service to Tek customers.

QuantumPimp
join:2012-02-19

QuantumPimp to UK_Dave

to UK_Dave
said by UK_Dave :

This smacks of a concerted effort by whoever we want to throw stones at, to snuff the will to live out of an independent player who unifies people and fights the incumbents.

The same thought crossed my mind.