Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

Mango to ancodia

Premium Member

to ancodia

Re: [Voip.ms] Delay in Answering Calls

That's too bad. I assume you've tried to route the DIDs to the Echo Test already?

XCOM
digitalnUll
Premium Member
join:2002-06-10
Spring, TX

XCOM

Premium Member

I been tracking this set of post and what I have seen in common is that is the same posters over and over complaining about the same issue.
I also see that the issue has been in the canadian pop's...
Why is it so hard to change pop's?
ancodia
join:2006-07-10
canada

ancodia to Mango

to Mango
I was on a call this morning, heard some weird static noises and the call dropped, and it hasn't worked since. Calls from my Rogers cell to any of my GTA DID #'s fail. If you are in the GTA area, you might want to check your inbound # and verify it's working.
Mango
Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

1 edit

Mango

Premium Member

It seems that there is an issue with VoIP.ms' ISP Telecom DIDs this morning. At first glance it seems to be only Ontario that is having the problem.

Edit: the issue is now on the VoIP.ms issue tracker.

crazyk4952
Premium Member
join:2002-02-04
united state
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Lite
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-LR
Polycom VVX300

1 recommendation

crazyk4952 to XCOM

Premium Member

to XCOM
said by XCOM:

My DIDs are US DIDs, I am not registering to a Canadian POP, and I was having this issue. I do not think the problem is solely with Canadian DIDs/POPs.

XCOM
digitalnUll
Premium Member
join:2002-06-10
Spring, TX
(Software) pfSense
MikroTik CRS125-24G-1S-RM

XCOM

Premium Member

said by crazyk4952:

said by XCOM:

My DIDs are US DIDs, I am not registering to a Canadian POP, and I was having this issue. I do not think the problem is solely with Canadian DIDs/POPs.

And I stand firm that this must be isolated issues to end users.

Like I said in the past I use Houston, Dallas, and some times Chicago and Atlanta and I do not experience this issue.
When I was using Comcast residential I had all sort of issues including registration drop and it turned out to be a route issue. I been 100% solid sense I moved to Business.

pauleyisle
@verizon.net

1 edit

pauleyisle to crazyk4952

Anon

to crazyk4952
problem is with the entire system - they want us to think that isolated server problems on a daily basis (so much for "isolated") are to blame, or that somebody else is to blame, but just seems like the system is not reliable and can not handle the number of calls/customers. plain and simple. the sooner we realize this and stop spinning our wheels acting like all these problems are unique to one of us, the sooner they can do what needs to be done instead of stonewalling and taking some action to remedy the situation - and its not canada, and its not LA or NY - its the entire system, sorry to say

reviewed
Expand your moderator at work
taytong888
join:2005-06-20
Nepean, ON

taytong888 to pauleyisle

to pauleyisle

Re: [Voip.ms] Delay in Answering Calls

Linux clusters that are capable of handling many connections simultaneously to the rescue?

connor79
join:2011-11-02

connor79

I'm just honestly at the point that I'm doing the Bell SNR with cell phones because I just have no more energy to put on this anymore. Like it's honestly the big joke around the office "we are a telecom company and our own phones don't even work." Our first phone system with Allstream hosted phone which was like $35 per user a month, worked great but paying for each phone I realized was expensive when I was paying $350 a month because I had a kitchen phone, conference room phone etc, however it gave us direct lines which spoiled us. We had then tried Asterisk using a FXO card but there was such severe echo due to lack of hardware echo canceller that we had to give up on that as well. That's when we decided to try voip and did tests in the office and found it worked great and seemed reliable and comparable to the hosted phones we had.

I love voip.ms for the fact it's per minute billing so I don't worry about the number of call paths we have. Instead we pay around $60 a month in usage to them, where as with the other providers that charge $30 per channel for example, we'd be paying far more than that when 90% of the time only 1 person is on the phone at the same time if not 95%. The other thing is I like how voip.ms passes caller ID, allowing us to change our outbound name in the PBX and have it display it, something CallCentric doesn't do for example at least in Canada.

I'm just done with it all because it's so exhausting and for awhile was all I'd spend my days doing, working on the phones. When you set up Asterisk again, configure it all get all the menus and prompts working, only to have it work for a few days then have the same issues, you just want to throw it across the room. That's why I just don't even have the energy to even look at another provider right now. If it wasn't for the fact that we work from home often, I'd just get business lines and deal with the fact we lose our direct lines, but we work remotely too often and I don't want to forward calls over business lines since we'd lose the caller ID info. So that's why we are using cell phones now, so I can finally just not have to worry about the phones working! There comes a point that we just can't keep testing things out with real customers as the guinea pigs, especially when we work in telecom. It's pretty bad when you're trying to sell someone a PRI and then they start asking if you're using VoIP because you're getting all delayed sounding and then the call just drops!

Trev
AcroVoice & DryVoIP Official Rep
Premium Member
join:2009-06-29
Victoria, BC

1 recommendation

Trev

Premium Member

Dude, seriously, send me a PM. I guarantee you will require less than 10 minutes of your time to have exactly what you are looking for work the way you want it to at a price that is quite reasonable.

Then you can stop writing about how VoIP isn't up to the task and that Bell is the only viable solution.
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

1 recommendation

PX Eliezer704 to connor79

Premium Member

to connor79
said by connor79:

It's pretty bad when you're trying to sell someone a PRI and then they start asking if you're using VoIP because you're getting all delayed sounding and then the call just drops!

Certainly understandable.

Go down to Bellwoods Brewery, grab a Common Session Ale, relax, and have a great holiday!

EDIT: Call Trev first, THEN go relax!
Expand your moderator at work