spc
uniqs

interlync
join:2002-07-30
Chicago, IL

interlync to Hydrolis

to Hydrolis

Re: Constant disconnecting issue isolated to 1 comp on network

Thats a difficult one. It does sound like something could be interfering with your wireless signal or could be a hardware issue. Do you have other wifi devices you can place next to your computer and see if signal or connectivity changes at the same time you loose connection on your PC?

Sometimes moving the wireless router just a foot or two can help if its an interference issue, but the fact that it just started recently is strange. Have you tried changing the wireless channel of your router?

Hydrolis
The Hydroman
join:2003-02-22
ONT, Canada

Hydrolis

Hey interlync,

Thanks for the reply and sorry for my extremely delayed response! I was home for the holidays with family (and away from this computer) so I haven't had a chance to monitor the issue.

Right before I left for the holidays I purchased a:

TP-LINK TL-ANT2408C, Indoor 8dBi Omni Directional Antenna
»www.canadacomputers.com/ ··· d=026201
(Upgraded the tiny default antenna to this)

I know get full signal strength on my desktop PC that was dropping the connection (as described in my original post above) but the connection still drops. I used to not receive full signal strength so I was hoping this would resolve the issue, but it did not fix it.

- Connection drops whenever I try and do something on my browser (a page will be loading and it will take an abnormal amount of time, it will load up the default 'page cannot be displayed' in Chrome, and then I will see the wireless icon grey out)

- Immediately after the connection drops, it will reconnect within a split second and I can go about my browsing.

- I have a Macbook Pro running on wireless right beside my desktop that does NOT drop connection when my desktop does, so the issue appears to be isolated to this computer.

Any one else have any other ideas? Could it be an issue with my Network card? Should I get a new one? (It would be nice if it was just a software issue I could go about fixing though)

interlync
join:2002-07-30
Chicago, IL

interlync

Is that desktop on wireless or wired? If they are both wireless, you may want to give apple a call. I do remember seeing a logic board issue with one of our MacBooks that caused a number of issues including wifi failures.

Also be sure to check your wifi settings in system prefs. Check Network | Wifi, and maybe remove any networks from the preferred list that are not your own. Or remove yours and let it re-add your wifi network.

Hydrolis
The Hydroman
join:2003-02-22
ONT, Canada

Hydrolis

The desktop is the computer experiencing all of the problems described above. My desktop is on wireless. My desktop is also running Windows 7 Professional.

My wireless Macbookpro laptop doesn't drop connection, there's no problems with it. I just know that the problem with my connection dropping on my desktop is a problem WITH my desktop because I can see whenever a drop occurs that my other computer beside me (the laptop) is working fine/not dropping.