uniqs
share rss forum feed

The Antihero

join:2002-04-09
Enola, PA
reply to Cthen

Re: Video Game Violence...again

said by Cthen:

Well the blame was placed on TV before then, Dungeons and Dragons was next.

And of course, rock and roll music. Video games getting the blame certainly isn't anything new. It's been going on since Pac-Man was the big thing.

Moos
Tequilablob
Premium
join:2008-12-11
Salt Lake City, UT
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to facepalm
said by facepalm:

said by Krisnatharok:

The gun I sold was an XD-9 fullsize (5" barrel). Fantastic gun, but too big and cumbersome to carry.

I had this same pistol until my wife took it away from me. lol Sweet shooting gun. I got a 45 XDm as a replacement so I'm not complaining. I can actually carry it pretty easy. It is heavy though.

I just purchased my Wife an SR9C for christmas, She must of been watching all the BF3 i've been playing lately.
Off-topic I use a glock 27 for concealing, great little gun. I like the XD's too though.

malem83

join:2006-08-25
Quebec, QC
reply to bionicRod
Today, we can see violence anywhere easily. How can video games be the "catalyst" to such demonstration of violence.

I see the banalisation of all sources of violence as the main problem. There is so much of it everywhere (internet, tv, games) that the real thing might not be taken to it right value by an unequilibrated individual.
--
La vie continue ... / Life goes on ...

Cthen

join:2004-08-01
Detroit, MI
Reviews:
·Verizon Wireless..
said by malem83:

Today, we can see violence anywhere easily. How can video games be the "catalyst" to such demonstration of violence.

I see the banalisation of all sources of violence as the main problem. There is so much of it everywhere (internet, tv, games) that the real thing might not be taken to it right value by an unequilibrated individual.

That is something you won't here about because it doesn't generate ratings. I also like how the news media will focus on this shooting yet they will not cover the daily shootings in my neighborhood? Ya know, where the kids really learn about violence.
--
"I like to refer to myself as an Adult Film Efficienato." - Stuart Bondek

diablo1892
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise

join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·HughesNet Satell..
One time I seen GTA 3 on the news, showed about a minute of how bad the game can get.
The game is old and they broadcasted it nearly the very day it was released. Now its much worse. There's bear in the new GTA games (where GTA 3 did'nt have) and now we have 10 year olds drinking bear on our streets everywhere.
--
HT1000/ BeamID 32/ Power Max plan/ 4 pcs on a D-Link wired router/ wireless D-Link router with password
Support only the gaming company's that matter the most, pay for something that actually is worth buying or has a good reason for how much it's worth.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
Yeah, kids never drank bear (sic) before GTA showed them how!

Oh, America, your stupid fascination with red herrings.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
reply to bionicRod
I've run across plenty of hookers and drug dealers in GTA4, but never have I seen any bears.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
It's OK to pirate games but consuming furry killer animals is wrong.

Ghastlyone
Premium
Las Vegas, NV
If I ever get arrested for picking up a prostitute, beating the shit out of her, and stealing all her money...I'm totally going to blame it on GTA4.

TheThing

join:2012-08-10
blame it on World of Warcraft

saw some idiot on TV last night blaming this tragedy on WoW

are you kidding me?

the kid was a psycho... and then his mother introduced him to guns... and guns was his favorite hobby

the mother was an F-in retard... i haev a disturbed child, let me introduce him to weapons

FFS

rich bitch idiot

Ghastlyone
Premium
Las Vegas, NV
said by TheThing:

the kid was a psycho... and then his mother introduced him to guns... and guns was his favorite hobby

the mother was an F-in retard... i haev a disturbed child, let me introduce him to weapons

FFS

rich bitch idiot

Don't speculate homie. No one knows how this lady raised her kid, or the problems she dealt with ragarding him.

TheThing

not speculation...

read the articles, the kid was disturbed... the mother is even quoted 1 week before the tragedy as saying "I can no longer reach him"...

She was a "survivalist" and was prepping for the collapse of society.

She thought it would be good to train her sons adam and ryan to use weapons for surviving

wackadoo mother, with pscyhotic child... so she introduces him to weapons... wackadoo mother, pscyho son

TheThing

reply to bionicRod
she gets 250,000 a years in alimony from here EX husband who is an exec at GE Capital or something..

she is a stay at home mommy, with huge house, nothing to do

Ghastlyone
Premium
Las Vegas, NV
reply to TheThing
Read what articles? All the ones speculating this 20 year old grown adult was "disturbed"?

This lady did nothing illegal.

You're trying to make it sound as though she took a convicted felon with pscycotic tendencies to a shooting range, and handed him weapons.

Do you even know how he obtained the weapons he used? Neither do I.

TheThing

1 edit
Correct she did nothing illegal. Not having common sense isn't illegal either.

There are plenty of articles and witnesses, and on tv where they said the mother had stated those things. Even back to when he was 10 years old, the baby sitter could never turn his back on him for fear of the kid going nuts.

He was a pscyho, no doubt about it.

He had 3 weapons on him. ALL were registered to his mother. He got them from his mother. How? could be as simple as stealing mothers gun cabinet keys. The mother was shot while she was asleep.

All I'm saying, is that if you have a child that is disturbed, you don't introduce them to guns.

This wasn't caused by video games. It was caused by a wackadoo "prepper" mother, introducing her mentally disturbed child to assault rifle.

I'm all for guns, my family has rifles, semi-auto shotguns, we hunt deer, pheasant and duck. But if I had a disturbed child, I wouldn't let them shoot.

Etula

join:2012-07-28
Burlington, NC

1 recommendation

reply to bionicRod
The kid was 20yrs old(1992)...so lets see Gulf war I was happening, the LA Riots, Bosnian War was raging, I can go on. Nine years later muslin extremists flew planes into the world trade center and killed 3000 innocents...we invaded Afghanistan, a year later we invaded iraq (anyone remember the beheadings?), 2 yrs later The Oklahoma City bombing...we can go on and on and on. But wait its video games that need to be regulated along with the guns that woke up last Friday and decided on their own to shoot up 20 elementary kids and 6 teachers.

There is evil in the world. It's beyond mental illness, beyond gun control and shoot em up video games. It is evil.

Good grief man.

diablo1892
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise

join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·HughesNet Satell..
reply to bionicRod
said by Ghastlyone:

I've run across plenty of hookers and drug dealers in GTA4, but never touched any bear at any of the bars.

TheThing

reply to Etula
said by Etula:

There is evil in the world.

+1

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO
reply to Ghastlyone
said by Ghastlyone:

If I ever get arrested for picking up a prostitute, beating the shit out of her, and stealing all her money...I'm totally going to blame it on GTA4.

If it happens to me, I'm going to blame Ghastly. We were both warlocks in WoW. See, video games really were to blame!
--
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
kudos:2
said by footballdude:

said by Ghastlyone:

If it happens to me, I'm going to blame Ghastly. We were both warlocks in WoW. See, video games really were to blame!

Warlocks too! Servants of the devil!

Ghastlyone
Premium
Las Vegas, NV
said by bionicRod:

said by footballdude:

said by Ghastlyone:

Warlocks too! Servants of the devil!

said by footballdude:

If I ever take up Satanism as a side hobby, I'll blame it on playing a Warlock in WoW.

Moos
Tequilablob
Premium
join:2008-12-11
Salt Lake City, UT
Someone go run for mayor and use Sim City as a reference. Lol.

TheThing

said by Moos:

Someone go run for mayor and use Sim City as a reference. Lol.

^ Funniest statement of the day! I Lol'ed

Deschain

join:2012-12-13
Blighty
reply to bionicRod
Can't wait to move to America with my pet lions.
They may kill kids, but thats less important than my right to own them apparently.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
wut

Ghastlyone
Premium
Las Vegas, NV
reply to Deschain
said by Deschain:

They may kill kids, but thats less important than my right to own them apparently.

LOL

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
TIL video games are as lethal as animalistic predators--they might just jump up and bite a kid's head off!

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine
said by Krisnatharok:

TIL video games are as lethal as animalistic predators--they might just jump up and bite a kid's head off!

The worst part is that animals do it out of instinct and survival... whereas games are just pure evil created by the devil. We must stop empowering the Enemy.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
When you game alone, you game with the Devil.

Deschain

join:2012-12-13
Blighty
reply to Deschain
said by Deschain:

Gunz