join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to bionicRod

Re: Video Game Violence...again

More stupid murmurings by the press:

»www.reuters.com/article/2012/12/···20121219
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine

It's so true though.

When I was a kid and whenever I would play Arkanoid, I sometimes would get an uncontrollable urge to grab a ball and start throwing it at bricks to make them disappear! Many houses were destroyed all around the world in the late 80s and early 90s because of that game.

I can understand how things can only be worse with all those guns and death in the newer games.

We should totally stop giving kids tools that let them become cold blooded killers and should instead put them out in the streets in large groups so they can become productive members of our society.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

said by ekster:

We should totally stop giving kids tools that let them become cold blooded killers and should instead put them out in the streets in large groups so they can become productive members of our society.

The sarcastic Canadian a 'are breed o speecies!
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
kudos:2
reply to Krisnatharok

"Major corporations, including the video game industry, make billions on marketing and selling violent content to children. They have a responsibility to protect our children," Rockefeller said in a statement.

- From Kris's link

Oh those kooky politicians. And here I thought it was parents who have a responsibility to their children, not complete strangers developing a video game.

bionicRod
Premium
united state
reply to bionicRod

So now the NRA is piling it on as well.

»washingtonexaminer.com/transcrip···/2516626

There exists in this country, sadly, a callous, corrupt and corrupting shadow industry that sells and stows violence against its own people, through vicious, violent video games with names like “Bulletstorm,” “Grand Theft Auto,” “Mortal Kombat,” and “Splatterhouse.

He then goes on to bring up some obscure indie game that I've never heard of, as well some recent (sarcasm) blockbusters:

And here’s one, it’s called “Kindergarten Killers.” It’s been online for 10 years. How come my research staff can find it, and all of yours couldn’t? Or didn’t want anyone to know you had found it? Add another hurricane, add another natural disaster. I mean we have blood-soaked films out there, like “American Psycho,” “Natural Born Killers.” They’re aired like propaganda loops on Splatterdays and every single day.

Wow.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

Are they hoping the people wielding banhammers run out of steam banning "violence" in games and movies so they don't get to guns?

WTF. The NRA has been whacky for years now, but this is wtf. I enjoy my games AND guns, hands off both!
--

Moos
Tequilablob
Premium
join:2008-12-11
Salt Lake City, UT
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Comcast

Yeah I was pretty unimpressed with the NRA response..... Seems that this country has lost it's ability to understand principles. I'm digusted with all the finger pointing and the attitude "Dont ban our stuff, ban this stuff instead".
Unfortunately that attitude is what will get everything censored and/or banned in the end.

Juke Box
His Word Never Fails
Premium
join:2001-01-29
Proverbs 3
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..
·Knology
reply to Akira 28

said by Akira 28:

Typical. Blame it on anything other then doods f@cked up head.

It could be worse. They might want to take away your guns because someone was mentally challenged.

Oh wait!! They are trying to do that now.
--
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on His shoulders. And He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6

bionicRod
Premium
united state
reply to bionicRod

They can have my kb/m when they pry them from my cold dead fingers. See what I did there?

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

»i.imgur.com/qDhRg.jpg

me1212

join:2008-11-20
Pleasant Hill, MO
reply to bionicRod

Back in my dad, when my parents didn't want me playing "violent" games(hey golden eye 07 was bloody back in the day :P) they didn't buy them for me. They I got golden eye and became a much calmer 13 year old child on my 13th birthday. Sure then they stopped caring what I played once they realized that the violent games makes kids violent was crap. The point remains they were actual parents when it came to getting their kids games.

Plus just cause a game is violent doesn't mean kids will play it. Heck I know of "violent" and racist games that are free, but they blow so I don't play em.

bionicRod
Premium
united state

You mean you never played "Kindergarten Killers"? No wonder you never murdered anybody!

You know what sucks about that whole KK game is that they went and purposely looked for a game that most closely resembled what happened, and when they found one they just pointed the finger and said "look over there!". Lazy, irresponsible, and above all, false. But now millions will spout it like it was gospel.

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
kudos:1
reply to bionicRod

If I go around and start killing people with lightning and axes I am so blaming WoW(after I try and collect my quest rewards though.)

I chuckled at their blaming Mass Effect. ME is likely the least violent FPS I have ever played.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports