Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
kudos:1
reply to CylonRed

Re: Theoretical Question

hmm interesting. Never knew the models related to engine size.(So Hypothetically in terms I can wrap my brain around, if my Impala where a BMW it would have been a 538i 5 series with a 3.8L fuel injected engine.)

Going to be honest I had always figured all luxury cars with numbers instead of names that the numbers where just made up by throwing a cat and mouse into a room of keyboards and seeing what came out. Never knew that the full sized BMW was a 740 because it had a 4l engine.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey
A 240Z had a 2.4 l engine. A 280Z had a 2.8 l engine. (Of course we called them 24 ounce and 28 ounce.)

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
reply to Kearnstd
Generally true - very recently they have gotten away from the displacement for the model numbers on some of the cars. I believe with the turbos it they are getting away from the displacement since the turbos can be added to make a lot of power with less displacement.

I want to say that the M135i has a 3 liter engine but makes the power of a 3.5 liter engine.

My 330 i is an injected, 3 series with a 3 liter engine.
--
Brian

"It drops into your stomach like a Abrams's tank.... driven by Rosanne Barr..." A. Bourdain