spc
Search similar:

uniqs
newbi1
join:2006-04-28
Scarborough, ON

newbi1

Nightmare with TSI BUSINESS. - modem "shipped" 4 times

Thanks for all the nightmare TSI and Bell. I am a new BUSINESS customer paying $200+ a month for your Fibe 25 business, the line was activated for about 2 weeks now and modem has not arrived, Bell and TSI flat out lied to us when it was shipped everytime and everytime the modem is NOT shipped, I have servers coming in on the 20th and I might not have internet by then.

There is no pick up options at one of the bell stores and we are just sitting ducks here, for the price I am paying I would expect better services instead of lies and for TSI telling us that they cant do anything is unacceptable and not professional.

I will for sure tell everyone not to go with TSI business if they ask me

MFido
Montreal
join:2012-10-19

MFido

Re: Nightmare with TSI BUSINESS. - modem "shipped" 4 t

For the 25M service, is Bell who delivers the VDSL modem ...

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

1 recommendation

HiVolt to newbi1

Premium Member

to newbi1
I know that Bell simply leaves them at the doorstep. Including my original modem that Bell sent for the 25meg service, and two swaps, they were all left at my doorstep.

So chances are that someone may have swiped it.
JMJimmy
join:2008-07-23

JMJimmy to newbi1

to newbi1
^ This.

This is Bhell incompetence at work.

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26

Premium Member

If that's the case TekSavvy should have the tracking number or they will be able to get it from Bell. Although 4 times.. makes me think Bell never shipped anything out.
BACONATOR26

BACONATOR26 to newbi1

Premium Member

to newbi1
said by newbi1:

I will for sure tell everyone not to go with TSI business if they ask me

Just keep in mind can happen as a Bell customer and and other third party providers under Bell since Bell's shipping department handles the modem orders.

TSI Jonathan
Premium Member
join:2011-08-24
Chatham, ON

TSI Jonathan to newbi1

Premium Member

to newbi1
Hello Newbi1,

I see that you have also reached out to us via twitter as the issue described on twitter is the same as on here. We have advised our business department about you emailing in your information. They will be looking into this and will be getting back to you shortly.

Please let us know if we can assist you further.

Thank you,

TSI Jonathan

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

1 recommendation

HiVolt to BACONATOR26

Premium Member

to BACONATOR26
As for the 4 times question, perhaps there is a discrepancy with the address?

As a side note, here's a funny story with regards to bell modem rental... My mom's office has had standard bell business internet for many years, and when initially i told bell that we did not require a modem (its not a requirement for business dsl). The internet was activated with my own modem, and there were no issues for years... Then there was some sort of speed glitch (not profile but something else) and while on the phone the tech asked which bell modem I have, and i said that we use our own modem, to which he responded that we are being charged for the use of a bell modem, $6/month.

Anyway the technical issue was solved but then I proceeded to fight with the business office over the $6/month charges for nearly four years. I do not check the invoices, and the lady that deals with the accounting does not know what a modem is and just paid the bills as they came.

They kept insisting that they sent a modem, and I kept insisting that we never received one. They launched an internal investigation, and they could not produce a signature to show that it was delivered at our address. They investigated further, and eventually found that the modem was sent to an address 100km north of Toronto. Even after admitting this, they tried to weasel out of refunding the charges, claiming that we "accepted" the charges by paying them for so long. I didn't give up and they eventually returned all the rental charges and removed the modem rental from the file.
JMJimmy

JMJimmy

Sounds like my last Newegg purchase... they shipped it 300km away, left it on the back porch ($1200 computer). They replaced the address I entered with a 2nd default address (not even the default address I setup which was completely different!)

lol

TSI Liz1
Premium Member
join:2010-07-08

TSI Liz1 to newbi1

Premium Member

to newbi1
Hi,

I dont disagree looking over all the notes this is an on going issue with the modem delivery. It is all due to the modem being shipped to another address. The whole situtation is frustrating on your end for having no modem and for us being told misinformation from Bell and for this we apologize and are working on having this issue resolved.

Please know that will be on top of following up on this order going forward please feel free to email me directly at bizmgt@teksavvy.com and we can discuss any issues going forward and look at having your billing date adjusted.

Thanks,
Liz B.
newbi1
Scarborough, ON

newbi1

Thanks everyone for your help and comments on this.

Just to update - we have now received the modem. It seems like the Bell rep that TSI talked to had no idea what he was talking about (he informed us the modem was not shipped but was actually shipped).. that was what caused the whole fuss and frustrated with TSI keep saying "there's nothing we can do".

Instead of solely relying on Bell on various critical items, perhaps TSI can have their own stocks of modem in case of emergencies such as this? Especially with their "business" offerings, considering the connection is the same as residential, I would like to think we are paying more for "customer services" or the "speed" to resolve these sort of issues if they come up - we are paying TSI afterall, not Bell directly.

Anyways, thanks again and I hope I don't get into this nightmare again. Thank you.
JMJimmy

JMJimmy

said by newbi1:

Instead of solely relying on Bell on various critical items, perhaps TSI can have their own stocks of modem in case of emergencies such as this? Especially with their "business" offerings, considering the connection is the same as residential, I would like to think we are paying more for "customer services" or the "speed" to resolve these sort of issues if they come up - we are paying TSI afterall, not Bell directly.

I'm pretty sure this is something that's being fought for at the CRTC? (at least last I heard many months ago).

TSI Liz1
Premium Member
join:2010-07-08

TSI Liz1 to newbi1

Premium Member

to newbi1
Hi,

Just wanted to confirm that the modem arrived today?

Thanks,
Liz B
newbi1
Scarborough, ON

newbi1

Yes it did as per my previous post. Thank you.