uniqs

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz

MVM

Re: OVH pricing at Montreal datacenter is... insane?

ovh.ie does have an Atom D425 model with lower specs than the special-offer, but it's not available at BHS.

ovh.ca (or the US one) do not have any KS models that low (starts at an i3).

The special offer (with the Atom D425) is available at the BHS datacenter, but only from the France site.

OVH's pricing is great, but their offerings are a huge mess. It doesn't make sense that they have so many different websites that have different offers. The cheapest deal in the Canadian datacenter is only available on the France site, for example.

OVH should have one single website globally, where you select your country (for currency/language), with ALL offers available on the one site, dependent only on datacenter availability...

creed3020
Premium Member
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON

creed3020

Premium Member

Agreed. They could learn a thing or two from SoftLayer here. A first time visitor to their websites I left more confused than before I went to them. I don't believe that is the object of an website trying to sell your a service.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'
join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON

jmck

I'm seeing terrible performance sending data from OVH to TSI at peak time. There's nothing too strange in the traceroute/mtr and I've opened a ticket with OVH and they started to look into it. I'm still trying to get the issue escalated at TSI but so far it's been stuck in first level support for a few days while they try and confirm it.

And by terrible, i mean 3-5Mbit/sec, off-peak it seems to be fine. It's also pretty much amazing to all my other users/customers off different ISPs (Rogers, Comcast, Start). For TSI/OVH the path is going through TorIX.
DSL_Ricer
Premium Member
join:2007-07-22

DSL_Ricer

Premium Member

OVH peers directly at Torix, and they have a weather map here:
»weathermap.ovh.net/usa

That may help you decide where the bottleneck is.

rogersmogers
@start.ca

rogersmogers to Guspaz

Anon

to Guspaz
You can get this at BHS

»www.ovh.ie/dedicated_ser ··· tion.xml

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz

MVM

That's still a european site, so doesn't really change much... It's still the situation of a sale at the North American datacenter that is only available on the European sites...