spc
Search similar:

uniqs
avidboy01
join:2010-12-02
Los Angeles, CA

avidboy01

Best Frequency Channel for Fios router

I just switched from my linksys router to my fios router. My linksys was running on ch6. The fios one was set to automatic but I changed it to 6. Is there a recommend channel that works best on this router?. Thank you.
jcondon
join:2000-05-27
Fishkill, NY

2 edits

jcondon

Totally depends on other routers in the area and interference from cordless phones.

Experiment until you find the one that works best. If they are all the same it doesn't really matter.

1, 6 and 11 are the ones I would try first.

Try one run a few speedtests and see what you get. Then try the other and run some speedtest and then try the last one and again run some speedtest.
fieroloki
join:2007-07-29
Van Alstyne, TX

fieroloki to avidboy01

to avidboy01
Install inSSIDer and see what channel has the least congestion
RolteC
The Need for Speed
join:2001-05-20
New York, NY

RolteC

I ran into this last night at my fiance's house. I used Inssider to see all the channels being used and those broadcasting at high signal levels so that I could avoid it.

In my specific case, the least used channel was not the best by far. I told the router to use a specific channel and then set it to "automatic". This in turn did produce the best results.

I run speed tests and tested latency/packet loss on each channel as well to help with the findings.