uniqs

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

Moonglade and Ebon Hold: What's their purpose now?

I just went to Ebon hold on my DK to rune forge a weapon. I was thinking how nice it would be if the DK could rune forge at any forge, or have the death gate return him back to where he gated from.

That is about the only reaason why Ebon hold is s till around, IMO. Is so DKs can rune forge. Other wise there isn't much purpose to it's existence. Except at the start of a DKs young life, that is.

I also went to moonglade on my druid. There was really nothing there for him to utilize.
Once they made the skills "automatic" trainers at those spots because just useless place holders.
I wish crafting skills were like now skills, that you'd get them automatically.
I'm talking about the gathering aspect of the crafting skills, as they don't involve recipes, most of the time.

Phantasee
join:2009-08-27
Hammond, LA

Phantasee

Entire zones could be removed at this point. I'm sure it's there just because it's easier to leave alone.
JoelC707
Premium Member
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL

JoelC707 to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
There's actually one other runeforge. It's in Icecrown in the DK area there. I forget the name, its the one where the Ebon Knights quartermaster is. Back in LK I almost never went to Ebon hold for runeforges, and instead flew up there (from Dal). Of course that's not really a usable idea now.

Otherwise, I agree, it seems like there's a lot of "unneeded" areas now. Actually Moonglade is used for the "elder" world event boss and quartermaster IIRC. Thanks to the shorter hearths, I just make sure my hearth is up before I gate back there. In the past, it was quicker to fly to UC and boat back to org or wherever you needed to go.

The one good thing about Ebon Hold was being able to go somewhere to get away from most people as only a DK could get to it. Now, with old world flying, technically anyone can get there (I've been there on my druid).
pandora
Premium Member
join:2001-06-01
Outland

pandora to Phantasee

Premium Member

to Phantasee
said by Phantasee:

Entire zones could be removed at this point. I'm sure it's there just because it's easier to leave alone.

85-90% of WoW content is probably not used by 99% of users in any given year.

With heirlooms, guild XP, once a player is level 15, it's dungeon finder to 90 for many.

There is an awful lot of art, that is very beautiful, but Blizzard can't figure out a way to repurpose it.

For example, instead of quests having a level in any zone, give quest xp, gold and item rewards consistent with the class and level of the player regardless of zone.

Blizzard makes almost all but the most recent content obsolete due to the method expansions are introduced. Nobody is going to work for any LK, BC or Cata cooking achievement, except out of boredom imo. For professions, BC, LK and Cata are now just obstacles to get past on the way to 600.

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

quote:
Blizzard makes almost all but the most recent content obsolete due to the method expansions are introduced

Which, imo, is why Blizzard should stop adding land. Instead, go back to the old lands and add new quests for higher level players. Add quests that will help increase profession skills.
Also change up the quest progression.
Currently:
Eastern Kingdoms/Kalimdor For levels 1 though 80.
Then it's Outlanders for 60 to 70
Northrend for 70 to 80
Then the rest.
Hardly a chance to use different quest lines for the many alts some of us have.
I'm at the point where, I may just jump into the battlegrounds to level for awhile, as I currently have 4 alts sitting at the starting area in outlands. I'm just so bored of outlands at this point, I started a new alt. lol.

shinjuru

join:2000-10-29
West Coast

shinjuru to Snakeoil

to Snakeoil
DK Only and Druid Only accessible Auction House and Bankers in their respective zones. After leveling my Enchanter and using Colossus on my DK's mace, it hit me immediately why I didn't need to do that. Before that, I couldn't remember the last time I was in Ebon Hold.
pandora
Premium Member
join:2001-06-01
Outland

pandora to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
said by Snakeoil:

I'm just so bored of outlands at this point, I started a new alt. lol.

Tell me about it. Today I spent a lot of time on my new Panda monk who is an herbist / alchemist. Had to get herbing and alchemy to 350. Took hours, but it's over. Her alchemy is 352, and her herbing is 372. At 64 she is ready to be 68 and start LK zones. Getting through outland was so much grief. It's been totally static and dead for so long.

Antonica
Premium Member
join:2002-09-02

Antonica to shinjuru

Premium Member

to shinjuru
There's an AH in moonglade for druids?

AZ_OGM
join:2007-01-12
Phoenix, AZ

AZ_OGM to Snakeoil

to Snakeoil
They already provided buffers to prevent lower level toons from accidentily going into the wrong area. The higher level npcs near the border of Wetlands and Twilight Highlands is enough to prevent a level 25 staring down something 60 levels higher than it causing an omgwtfbbq.
I remember the first time discovering the emerald dream portal in NE Ashenvale when super buffed level 60 elite dragons were guarding the area. As a lowly level 25 paladin, my aggro zone was the size of Texas to them. I learned to never go near that area again, until after Cata.

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain to shinjuru

to shinjuru
what???? there's not AH in ebonhold and moonglade...what the hell are you talking about?
JoelC707
Premium Member
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL

JoelC707 to AZ_OGM

Premium Member

to AZ_OGM
said by AZ_OGM:

They already provided buffers to prevent lower level toons from accidentily going into the wrong area. The higher level npcs near the border of Wetlands and Twilight Highlands is enough to prevent a level 25 staring down something 60 levels higher than it causing an omgwtfbbq.
I remember the first time discovering the emerald dream portal in NE Ashenvale when super buffed level 60 elite dragons were guarding the area. As a lowly level 25 paladin, my aggro zone was the size of Texas to them. I learned to never go near that area again, until after Cata.

I did nearly the same thing walking in Tirisfal Glades on a 20's lock. Was one of my first times playing the game back in LK and was just out exploring (mostly trying to figure out WTF am I supposed to do lol). Came across what I later found out was WPL. Only thing that saved me were a couple of high level toons happened to be right on my tail and killed the bear or spider that had aggroed to me LOL.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
said by Snakeoil:

Blizzard should stop adding land. Instead, go back to the old lands and add new quests for higher level players. Add quests that will help increase profession skills.

They already did this. It was called Cataclysm. And it was a huge flop of an expansion.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

It was good for those who leveled fresh toons via questing. For the rest... it was a bit lackluster.

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil to Ghastlyone

Premium Member

to Ghastlyone
I didn't think it was that bad of an expansion.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

Then you're in the minority.

bTU
join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO

bTU

said by Ghastlyone:

Then you're in the minority.

For end game it was lackluster. For exploration and new quest lines in old zones it was great. The WPL and EPL were well done and I still vote the Silverpine/Gilneas area as best redone zone. I just wish the Cataclysm had somehow ripped through the dark portal and affected BC zones, and had at least rattled LK areas.

Savious
Premium Member
join:2012-03-05
Billings, MT

Savious to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
Deleted

AZ_OGM
join:2007-01-12
Phoenix, AZ

AZ_OGM to Snakeoil

to Snakeoil
Since I don't spend much time in northern EK anymore, I noticed the lack of nearby FPs for Alliance toons. The nearest FP for the abominable snowman is Chillwind Camp in WPL. A Southshore FP would be handy for this event. Plus with it gone are the back and forth PvP battles between Southshore and Taren Mill.
blackthought
join:2010-04-08
Phoenix, AZ

blackthought

which is sad considering how awesome they used to be. I still condend they need to "cataclysm" away 90% of the land. There's just to much space out there. Particularly for pvp servers part of the fun is seeing an ally and attacking him then the two of you going back and for for hours over a mob for quests. I venture upwards of 75%+ never really step outside of major starting areas, which is sad because there is a lot of cool shyt out there.

The giant spider thing in outlands is pretty cool if you stumble on it and are slightly arachnophobia.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· CeM1mcKc

shinjuru

join:2000-10-29
West Coast

shinjuru to Antonica

to Antonica
Hmm, I guess was just following the flow of the text. My post does seem odd read by itself. I meant the DK Only and Druid Only AH as a suggestion of what I would have liked to see happen.

mettachain
Goblineer
Azeroth

mettachain to AZ_OGM

to AZ_OGM
Southshore isn't a town anymore. Get used to it. It got pwnd.
Watermasta
join:2012-06-15
Quantico, VA

Watermasta

I remember that spider rolling up on me and pwning me hard. Good times..

mettachain
Goblineer
Azeroth

mettachain

Oh shit! watermasta
Watermasta
Quantico, VA

Watermasta

IM BACK! I was in the process of a move and a job change. Back to my regularly scheduled goofing off. :^)

Phantasee
Hammond, LA

Phantasee to Snakeoil

to Snakeoil
Losing Southshore is something I'll never get over. So lame. Epic battles were held there.

mettachain
Goblineer
Azeroth

mettachain

Epic battles were rarely there since BC launched. Since then, it was just level capped Alliance toons swooping in to gank and grief 20s horde players.

Phantasee
Hammond, LA

Phantasee

Well, in Vanilla they were amazing. I have sooo many screenshots from our adventures there. MMMEEEEMMOORRIEESSSSSSS
Watermasta
Quantico, VA

Watermasta

Really..it was before battlegrounds came around. Max level toons had nowhere for they could play. So they came and picked on newbies. So horde wouldn't have any of it and reinforce. I really miss the old days where people were proud of their faction. On my server during Vanilla, Thrall NEVER died. WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!

Phantasee
Hammond, LA

Phantasee

Yea, man. It was so epic. I still enjoy WoW. Just not the same as it was. But nothing lasts forever.