koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW

join:2005-01-08
East York, ON
Reviews:
·VMedia
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to TSI Marc

Re: Why we are not opposing motion on Monday.

I can see both sides of this, but I can understand why TSI is taking this approach.

The copyright laws have all been changed in Canada, which I knew this was going to open this kinda thing up. We didn't scream loud enough and now we have to deal with the aftermath.

TSI could be defiant and refuse to comply, but this could turn into a hugely costly defence, with likely no chance at winning, and end up with TSI being sued for the info. They are letting the courts decide before they hand the info over, which I think is a great approach. They are being very transparent, which is also a great idea, but some people on here who are demanding they go against what the law now lets them do is just not realistic.

I think TSI is doing much more than any other ISP would have done. The BIG 3, would have handed your info over without your knowledge, and you would have been blind sided once your getting sued.

We can sit here and argue the short comings of this approach, or we can ask the government to clear this up.

UK_Dave

join:2011-01-27
Powassan, ON
kudos:2
or we can ask the government to clear this up.
-----------------------------------

To quote Ronald Reagan:

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government and I'm here to help."

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5
reply to koreyb
And in the comming years if the Trans Pacific Partnership is as bad as we think its going to be... those very copyright laws will likely be "heavily modified" yet again. :|
Expand your moderator at work

MaynardKrebs
Heave Steve, for the good of the country
Premium
join:2009-06-17
kudos:4
reply to koreyb

Re: Why we are not opposing motion on Monday.

said by koreyb:

We can sit here and argue the short comings of this approach, or we can ask the government to clear this up.

We're going to get Harper signing on to the TPP anyway - which is about as consumer friendly as the Einsatzgruppen were to the Jews of Eastern Europe & Russia.