Shad0wlore
Premium
join:2004-06-15
USA
Reviews:
·AT&T (Business S..
·Charter
reply to BlakePaulson

Re: Promo Pricing... can I cancel my service / Have wife join?

I actually posed this exact question to the Social Media group a few days before they got cancelled, and I was told the address for the home, itself, has to be without service for 30 days.

AKA: if you were moving out, and someone else was moving in, in less than 30days, they wouldn't be eligible for new pricing either.

Just another brick in the wall for Charter.

Chubbysumo

join:2009-12-01
Superior, WI
Reviews:
·Charter

said by Shad0wlore:

AKA: if you were moving out, and someone else was moving in, in less than 30days, they wouldn't be eligible for new pricing either.

bullshit, what about rentals and apartment? I did this exact same thing with me and my wife 3 times over the last few years to get "new" customer promo pricing. I just did it again when we moved to our new apartment, and the place was not even empty for 30 days. As long as that name and SSN have no delinquent bills, and have not had service for 30 days, or was not on another account as an authorized person, you can do it.

BlakePaulson

join:2008-08-06
Alexandria, MN

Thanks for that information... that's what I was thinking!

NightOwl2

join:2012-03-19
reply to Shad0wlore

That doesn't make sense. I've moved into apartments/homes right after someone vacated and got new customer pricing. If I go to online Charter and select new tenant for my address, it opens up a slew of deals. When I retract and currently residing, I get the message to call Charter.

Shad0wlore
Premium
join:2004-06-15
USA
Reviews:
·AT&T (Business S..
·Charter
reply to Chubbysumo

said by Chubbysumo:

bullshit, what about rentals and apartment? I did this exact same thing with me and my wife 3 times over the last few years to get "new" customer promo pricing. I just did it again when we moved to our new apartment, and the place was not even empty for 30 days. As long as that name and SSN have no delinquent bills, and have not had service for 30 days, or was not on another account as an authorized person, you can do it.

Call it what you want.. not my policy.. only what the Umatter2Charter group told me. I didn't make it.. I didn't like it.. I'm only reporting exactly what I was told.

Orthi

join:2012-12-29

As someone on the inside here...it isn't address specific. It's name/ssn specific so yes this gentleman could cancel his service, have his wife sign up and get the new promo pricing. His wife would need a credit check ran on her and everything but he would be able to do that. Like everyone else said, it wouldn't make any sense especially with rentals and apartments.

Expand your moderator at work