All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
alanisrox69
join:2005-03-29

alanisrox69

[Connectivity] Business Account Woes Part 2

Our office upgraded to the Mach 60 plan a bit ago. Recently our speeds are erratic. Mainly the upload speed, phone calls over VOIP fade in and out at times and uploading email attachments crawl.

Speedtest on the RCN page shows we are only getting 4mbps up. It "says" 68mbps down, but I question that since the meter never hits 68mbps when it's doing the test, it hovers more around 50mbps, then when it's done it says "68mbps". Anyways, I'm more concerned about the 4mbps up -- we're supposed to get 10mbps (provisioned for 11 tho)....

Encoded Mac: a0ce3fbb4ddfbb64c2aa64ffce73e04eca5ea146
Downstream Limit: 66000000
Return Frequency: 23700000
Upstream Limit: 11000000
Forward Frequency: 687000000
Forward Modulation: qam256(4)
Ret Channel Width: 6.4Mhz

Please advise. Thanks.

astoundcares
Emilie
Premium Member
join:2012-01-04

1 edit

astoundcares

Premium Member

alanisrox69 - Our Business Services Department asked if you could either call us at 877-726-7000 or give us your business account information and a contact number so we can call you right back.

If you would like us to contact you, please use the private message function to provide the account information.

Thanks
Emilie

UPDATE - I found your number in my files, so I asked BusServ to give you a call. Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well.

Emilie
alanisrox69
join:2005-03-29

alanisrox69

Thanks, they did call me. Suffering from a terrible bout of the flu and I haven't been in the office all week, not sure when I will be, so we scheduled the truck roll for next Friday...thanks.
alanisrox69

alanisrox69

Tech was here, unfortunately someone locked the utility closet where the RCN feed comes in (And where our modem is) and I was unable to get the key.

However, the speeds today seem fine, speedtest shows our modem hitting 57/10.2 ... so maybe someone (Joe?) changed some settings on the node to allow the higher upload on the node (that was the issue back when we had 25/5)...also interesting, the techs handheld device showed we are provisioned for 60/6 internet, not 60/10 (our monthly bill shows 60/10) -- and the modem is provisioned for 66/11 as well.

Anyways, things seem OK now, he did leave me a -10 and -12 pad for the modem in case we continue having problems, as our forward power is +13 (slightly out of spec)...

When I get the key to the closet, I'll throw the -10dB pad on and see if that stabilizes our speeds even more. I'm really thinking something was changed on the node tho to allow the 10mbps upload