spc
Search similar:

uniqs

gocubs94
@suddenlink.net

gocubs94

Anon

How to properly use a VPN?

Is there any precautions I should take or should I just turn it on and thats all? I have Privitize VPN, is this a good one or should I get something else. Any free ones would be nice. I just download files and dont want to get caught.
HD5830Gamer
join:2012-08-14

HD5830Gamer

Hey sir! read this: their BS TOS

Privitize may share anonymous data with a variety of third parties, including its affiliates, advertisers, and other current and prospective business partners. Privitize may use anonymous data collected for website administration, advertising, and promotional purposes, and may share such information with various affiliated and unaffiliated entities for such purposes.
Privitize may also enter into agreements with outside companies that possess technology that allows Privitize to customize the advertising and marketing messages Users receive while using the Privitize VPN, and those outside companies may have access to anonymous data that was collected from Privitize VPN users.
Privitize may disclose automatically collected and other aggregate non-personally-identifiable information with interested third parties to assist such parties in understanding the usage, viewing, and demographic patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the Privitize VPN.

THEY SELL YOUR DATA JUST LIKE AN ISP! GET A PAID VPN!
HELLFIRE
MVM
join:2009-11-25

HELLFIRE to gocubs94

MVM

to gocubs94
said by gocubs94 :

I just download files and dont want to get caught.

Replace 'VPN' with 'gun,' and 'download files' with 'murder people' and you just came up with your own response.
Hope you have a good lawyer on retainer / speeddial, OP.

Otherwise as HD5830Gamer suggests, READ THE TOS before committing to anything.

You may also want to try these two threads here and here for some other VPN options, and this article for some further insight.

Just my 00000010bits

Regards