Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs to dillyhammer

Premium Member

to dillyhammer

Re: voip.ms Toronto servers

said by dillyhammer:

said by BliZZardX:

I am a huge fan of the Panasonic KX-TGP55 deskphone + handsets.

$250 for the set, $80 a pop on the handsets.

That's $410+HST out of the box for my deployment. Do you know how much single malt scotch that is?

Not. Going. To. Happen.

Mike

About 2 bottles of Johnnie Walker Blue.
I have an unopened one here, just waiting for a few friends to drop by......

BliZZardX
Premium Member
join:2002-08-18
Toronto, ON
·Bell Fibe Internet

4 edits

BliZZardX

Premium Member

said by MaynardKrebs:

said by dillyhammer:

said by BliZZardX:

I am a huge fan of the Panasonic KX-TGP55 deskphone + handsets.

$250 for the set, $80 a pop on the handsets.

That's $410+HST out of the box for my deployment. Do you know how much single malt scotch that is?

Not. Going. To. Happen.

Mike

About 2 bottles of Johnnie Walker Blue.
I have an unopened one here, just waiting for a few friends to drop by......

It depends how you use your phones, ah? From my perspective, I'm saving hundreds a month by not paying Bell POT's extortionist LD rates when I call an overseas mobile ($0.025/min to SFR Mobile at CWUS vs. $1.39/min at Bell), so the cost of a real IP phone is dirt cheap.

I have tried quiet a few hardware phones, always purchased through 8774e4voip. If you just need a basic deskphone, I found the snom 710 has the best value/features. If you need cordless handsets for a household I really dig the Panasonic's long term value because they don't have proprietary battery packs and are super easy to replace. The cheapest I see, you can get a TGP500 with 3 TPA50 handsets for $335 with shipping via UPS from 8774e4voip, or $355.50 from "CE Showroom" on Amazon. Can also save about 40 bucks COD if the sellers will ship with USPS instead of UPS ($8 brokerage fee at Canada Post vs $51.20 at UPS).