join:2001-01-03
South Jersey

Fir_Na_Tine to Anonymous_

Premium Member

to Anonymous_

Re: [Rant] LED lights are ugly crap

said by Anonymous_:

said by Xioden:

So you're complaining about what happened to this beautiful place we call earth, while complaining millions of homes are no longer using strings of Christmas lights where 1-2 individual bulbs used the same amount of electricity as entire strings of LED lights do?

And those "stupid cop cars" now don't light up entire streets with their emergency lights on, but still accomplish the same thing.

LED lights suck for Christmas lights... 99% of them have a shitty refresh rate of 59.8hz. The ghosting or flickering effect is what bothers me the most.
You do not get that "flicker" with incandescent bulbs.
said by Moffetts:

quote:
If you don't like them, then why did you buy them?
I could answer that with great accuracy, but I got in trouble for it last time.

Those C7 bulbs are neat for outdoor use, but I think they are a fire hazard when placed on a christmas tree because they get really hot. That's probably why the LED bulbs are gaining favor.

That is crazy shit made up by tree hugger's. That myth has been busted.

If there is a fire it's probably because of manufacturing defects.

Power wise they ARE 100% efficient*.
I can prove it.

They double as a space heater for your house, there for no power is lost and helps cut down on your heating bill.

* 100% electric areas it's 100% efficient

I don't like the LED's because of the refresh rate as you posted. It just looks weird and sometimes makes my dizzy or gives me a slight headache. I've noticed it too with some Cadillac LED tail lights as well. Are all LED lights like that? Christmas ones etc.

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member
join:2004-06-21

Anonymous_

Premium Member

said by Fir_Na_Tine:

I don't like the LED's because of the refresh rate as you posted. It just looks weird and sometimes makes my dizzy or gives me a slight headache. I've noticed it too with some Cadillac LED tail lights as well. Are all LED lights like that? Christmas ones etc.

cheap older tech LEDs have the issue .