Re: Youtube Buffering

This was posted by tschmidt See Profile recently:

»www.itc23.com/fileadmin/ ··· s/a5.pdf
jcremin
join:2009-12-22
Siren, WI

jcremin

said by John Galt6:

This was posted by tschmidt See Profile recently: »www.itc23.com/fileadmin/ ··· s/a5.pdf

I'll have to check that out when I have a little more time to read it over. Thanks for the link!
jcremin

jcremin to John Galt6

to John Galt6
said by John Galt6:

This was posted by tschmidt See Profile recently: »www.itc23.com/fileadmin/ ··· s/a5.pdf

I got a chance to read through this tonight. Interesting read.

Also, regarding the link you sent me to the other thread (»Youtube videos are slow), I am also using Google's public DNS servers. I wonder if it makes more sense to try to use my own??? I assumed that if anyone's DNS servers would provide decent results for Youtube, it would be their own. I might try it just to see what happens, although I'm guess it won't change much.

I also read through the Google groups thread from that other DSLR page (»productforums.google.com ··· 5-false]) and it sure sounds like a lot of people are really unhappy with Youtube right now, despite having connections that you would think wouldn't have any issues, and many report that other streaming sites work fine. Maybe I'm wasting my time with Youtube and should tell my customers to use Hulu and other sites instead???

Has anyone else tried the HTML5 version of Youtube? I don't expect it will make a difference, but I'm going to play with it and see how it works.