Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Time Warner Cable

1 edit
reply to Moorecards

Re: [NFL] Week 16 Games Discussion

Wow, the Giants look soooo bad.
Offense is ineffective and the Defense can't stop anything.

If by some miracle they get into the playoffs (they'll need help if they lose today) what are they going to do there?

And speaking of ineffective, how does McElroy get sacked 11 times by the Chargers??

I r disappointed.

Edit: Also, Flacco (and Rice, and Pierce, And Boldin, etc.) looked pretty damned good out there. What do you think, Edge?
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4

AAAHHHH COOOWWBBOOYYSSS!!!

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY

lol

Dallas at Washington next week should be a good game.

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium
join:2000-09-20
DFW
kudos:2
reply to Moorecards

Cowboys looked worthy of a win at the end. Not really though.
NYG. lol Very piss poor playing. I'm going to have some fun at work on Wed.
Washington. A blocked FG and SEA scores. WASH isn't looking good either.

rockotman
...Blown On The Steel Breeze
Emerging Research
join:2000-08-06
DSotM

1 recommendation

said by Harddrive:

Washington. A blocked FG and SEA scores. WASH isn't looking good either.

Washington?

Whaterusmokin?

They won today...

And Seattle is playing SF.

Step away from the peace-pipe, HD?
--
Shine on you crazy diamond...

Harddrive
Premium
DFW

1 edit

Oh yeah. Sorry. I knew what the game was. I guess the uniforms look somewhat the same.
The WAS/PHI game was too close. PHI is a much shittier team than that. Putting up 400 yrs. WTF are they thinking?
I know. A new coach next year.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Moorecards

Wow, Seattle up 28 to 3 with 2 minutes to go to half-time.
Blocked 49'ers Field-Goal for the Seahawks TD was the play of the game so far.

Good game. I hope Seattle can keep it up.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

aurgathor

join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA
kudos:1

said by Rook008:

I hope Seattle can keep it up.

I hope so, too.

I think the Seahawks need 2 more TDs to put the game away.
--
Wacky Races 2012!

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY

With the way the Seattle Defense is playing, maybe not that much.
I'm not a big Seahawks fan, but I tend to root for the underdog.

aurgathor

Lynnwood, WA

You think Seattle is the underdog?

In any case, I guess with a slightly better than 4 TD lead, it would be a miracle of 3rd order for SF to win this game
--
Wacky Races 2012!

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Time Warner Cable

I assumed they were going into the game. Weren't they? I don't hear much about the Seahawks over on the east coast.

But yeah, at 42 to 6 with 7 minutes to play, Seattle should win it.
--

Harddrive
Premium
DFW
reply to Moorecards

So I just heard that for NYG to get into the playoffs, they need to win next week against PHI and then 4 other specific teams need to lose for them to get in.
Good. I hope it doesn't happen.

Go Cowboys!

aurgathor

Lynnwood, WA

said by Harddrive:

So I just heard that for NYG to get into the playoffs, they need to win next week against PHI and then 4 other specific teams need to lose for them to get in.
Good. I hope it doesn't happen.

I'm obviously not a Giant's fan, and I would rather not have them in the playoff, but as per their chances are not *that* bad.
quote:
9. New York Giants (8-7)
• Would clinch a playoff berth with a win and Cowboys loss and either/both a Vikings loss or Bears loss.
The Giants can probably beat the Eagles.
The Cowboys play the Redskins -- that will be a tough game and they can easily lose that.
The Vikings play the Packers, and the Packers are very good, although they only play for the 1st round bye.
The Bears play the Lions, and they're likely to win that.
--
Wacky Races 2012!

Pathfinder
Dazed Confused
Premium
join:2000-03-26
Mount Vernon, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by aurgathor:

I am a Giant fan and except for the NO game, lately they don't look like they could beat Cardinal Hayes High School.

capdjq
What, me care?
Premium
join:2000-11-01
Coastie

The Sunday Games Stunk:

Houston appears to have no further interest in playing Ball OR were the Vikings just that good. Ponder played real well. He should get married every week.

Pittsburgh played very poorly in their season ending game against Cinci. Rothleisbergher appears to have lost his magic.

Dallas and Saints appeared intersting. Pity the little midget (Brees), whom I dislike, won.

Baltimore blew out the Giants, with Flacco, outplaying the sad sack looking, Eli Manning.

Then I flew to Seattle (30 mins from Vancouver), and sat in the bloody rain, to watch the most one sided game game. Seattle were miles superior to SF, at least last night. It was like watching a big bully beat up on a 98 lb weakling. Russell Wilson is sure as hell my Rookie of the Year. Never mind the accident prone RGIII and interception throwing Luck.
--
one cigarette costs 2 minutes of your life.
one bottle of beer costs 4 minutes of your life.
one working day costs 8 hours of your life.

capdjq
What, me care?
Premium
join:2000-11-01
Coastie
reply to Pathfinder

said by Pathfinder:

said by aurgathor:

I am a Giant fan and except for the NO game, lately they don't look like they could beat Cardinal Hayes High School.

The Giants appear to have lost their pass rush, Eli looks lost and Tom Coughlin looks red. If the Eagle don't turn over the ball they could beat the Giants.
--
one cigarette costs 2 minutes of your life.
one bottle of beer costs 4 minutes of your life.
one working day costs 8 hours of your life.

AB
Premium
join:2006-04-04
Leesburg, VA
kudos:3

said by capdjq:

If the Eagle don't turn over the ball they could beat the Giants.

Not turning the ball over is not what the Eagles do this year. I put em down for their usual 3-4 turnovers vs. NY, and the Giants winning that game-- something the Jints simply must do, though it would still be unlikely for them to see the playoffs this year.

shaner
Premium
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB
reply to capdjq

said by capdjq:

Pittsburgh played very poorly in their season ending game against Cinci. Rothleisbergher appears to have lost his magic.

Not really having a running game will do that to you. Ever since the Bus and Fast Willie departted (Whatever happened to Willie Parker anyways?), the Steelers have had nobody to run the ball. When the Steelers are on their game, they have a 50/50 mix run and pass. When that number is skewed too far either way, they are predictable and beatable.
--
I'm a man, but I can change. If I have to. I guess.

»shaner38.blogspot.com/

Edge1
But these go to 11.
Premium
join:2006-03-01
USA
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Verizon Online DSL
reply to Rook008

said by Rook008:

Edit: Also, Flacco (and Rice, and Pierce, And Boldin, etc.) looked pretty damned good out there. What do you think, Edge?

Hey buddy, I'm sorry for the late response. Hope everyone is having a good holiday. As for the game that is NOT what I was prepared to endure.

Not sure if the G-men just had no interest in playing or the Ravens actually have improved a bit with our new OC. I know Bradshaw being hurt didn't help you guys, but the O-line was just getting killed by what has been a somewhat tame pass rush all season. Suggs has no burst at all, but Haloti had probably his best game.

Crossing my fingers and hoping for more good things to come in the playoffs. If Joe is protected he's fine (what QB isn't?). But when crap breaks down he can't "make a play". Not unless something changes.

Hay Fatness, congrats to the Skins. They made the playoffs, right?

Hey Rockot, did I hear you say you were rooting for the ratbirds? Not many Steeler fans like you I suppose.

rockotman
...Blown On The Steel Breeze
Emerging Research
join:2000-08-06
DSotM

said by Edge1:

Hey Rockot, did I hear you say you were rooting for the ratbirds? Not many Steeler fans like you I suppose.

Not true. Stiller fans love to hate the Ratbirds, but many will still pull for them when the Stillers are out of it. It's all about keeping it in the division. The same cannot be said for the Bungholes. They are despised every step of the way. Many it's because the shit that comes out of our sewage plants in to the three rivers ends up downstream in Cincy.
--
Shine on you crazy diamond...

Edge1
But these go to 11.
Premium
join:2006-03-01
USA
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Verizon Online DSL

Ha. Yeah I've gathered there's a healthy disrespect associated with them there Ohio teams. I'm pretty ambivalent to them in general, but have heard Cincy fans making crazy predictions any time they have a winning season.

I doubt we'll be able to make much of the week 17 contest with them. Baltimore's got little to gain and wants to rest some guys. As you're all too aware its been a tough year injury-wise.