join:2007-10-27
Wellington N

1 edit
reply to Boop

Re: VPN or Usenet ?

100% legal, no concerns ever:

»www.cinemail.ca/index.cfm

More expensive, but perhaps worth it.

(Of course, this doesn't mean you will never be identified for a sting operation.)

ETA: Sorry, I think that came off as a little flippant. Others will answer the question, but I thought I'd point out that there are some non-instant options.

komi

join:2011-07-08
North York, ON
Back in 2009 I subscribed to Rogersvideodirect for one month or so. It was a pain in the ass because I always got the new releases and the movies from the top of the list after a few weeks.
So I dont think it will work the way you want.

KillerK

@teksavvy.com
reply to A Lurker
I'm sorry, are you suggesting I rent plastic discs ?
And I actually have to wait for it to arrive in the mail ?
Is this 2004 or something ?

BrianON

join:2011-09-30
Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to komi
For online Netflix.ca ($8/month) and Cackle.com (free but a lot less selection, still some old TV shows to pass the time like Sanford and Son as well as Starsky and Hutch). A few TV station web sites can also be used to catch up on shows missed recently as they usually have the last episode or two available for streaming. Most also have a small collection of old content.

Those plus using a media center PC to record over the air broadcasts works for me. Lot of movies and shows to record and watch latter with most in full 1080p HD so they look great.

komi

join:2011-07-08
North York, ON
Reviews:
·Bell Fibe
reply to KillerK
You can find a good VPN for as little as $37/month.
Headquarter in Europe or Asia, servers everywhere, speed for me is 8-10 Mb/sec down on TSI 18/0.5 profile, server in NL.
www.ibvpn.com - TorrentVPN plan, try it for $5 first month and $37 for a year after that if you like it.

A Lurker
that's Ms Lurker btw
Premium
join:2007-10-27
Wellington N
reply to KillerK
said by KillerK :

I'm sorry, are you suggesting I rent plastic discs ?
And I actually have to wait for it to arrive in the mail ?
Is this 2004 or something ?

Well, you can go online services too (Netflix, etc.).

You do realise that people asking the best way to get copyrighted material is a shaky topic at best, right?