·AT&T U-Verse

2 edits

1 recommendation

trparky to UverseTech2

Premium Member

to UverseTech2

Re: Who cares?

said by UverseTech2:

Most current Uverse customers are being served on less than sub-par infrastructure, and to put more strain on this is absolute incompetence from Stevenson.

Stevenson has said in the past, AT&T is a "wireless" company.

Truth be told, if he could somehow convince the government to allow AT&T to completely divest themselves of the wireline service and simply let it rot on the polls and send that division absolutely none of the money that the wireless cashcow is making, I'm sure that he would do it. Stevenson doesn't care about wireline, he only cares about wireless since that's AT&T big cashcow. The wired side of AT&T has always been a drain on the company's accounts, the faster that Stevenson can get rid of it the happier he'll be.

These "improvements" are nothing but something to try to convince those who have AT&T's wireline service that AT&T still cares about them, nothing can be farther from the truth.

AT&T is pushing wireless service because they know that it's the cashcow. There's very little capex needed to keep that wireless service functioning on a daily basis. Once the tower is up, it's good to go for nearly a decade. Granted, there's upgrades that need to be done every once in a while but it's far cheaper than having to inspect miles and miles of copper cable and replacing it.

As bad as this might sound, if I was in his position and I was looking at the raw numbers, you bet your ass I would be doing the same thing he's doing.
TBBroadband
join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband

Actually they are different. AT&T Mobility, LLC and AT&T Inc.
« AT&T R&DWho Cares II? »
This is a sub-selection from Who cares?