jjoshua
Premium Member
join:2001-06-01
Scotch Plains, NJ

jjoshua

Premium Member

[Rant] UPS Billing

What a bunch of tards....

I haven't used my account in a while. I receive an email that says that a new invoice was generated.

I try to log into my online account but that doesn't work because I haven't used it in 6 months.

I call up to see what's going on. They won't help me because I can't verify the invoice # or amount. Of course I can't because I don't know what it is.

Keep in mind that they can see the invoice but won't let me pay it because I can't prove that I'm the account holder without the invoice # or amount.

I guess that they won't get paid.
medbuyer
join:2003-11-20
Memphis, TN

medbuyer

I had the same issue before....

I had a UPS account before and used it sometimes. I decided one day to just close it. 6 months after closing it, they sent me a bill for shipment that I didn't make but someone in FL did and charged it to my closed account.

The first 2 attempts was bearable...the next 3 bills was just pure hell...I let them have it and threatened to sue if they kep on sending me bills for a closed account...

To think I have a confirmation letter that the account was closed with no issues and or charges.

battleop
join:2005-09-28

battleop to jjoshua

to jjoshua
It seems like it would be way to easy to abuse their system. I've shipped equipment to customers before using their FedEx number. All I had to do was write down their number and drop off the package. What is to stop me from keeping track of these numbers and shipping stuff again?
medbuyer
join:2003-11-20
Memphis, TN

medbuyer

said by battleop:

It seems like it would be way to easy to abuse their system. I've shipped equipment to customers before using their FedEx number. All I had to do was write down their number and drop off the package. What is to stop me from keeping track of these numbers and shipping stuff again?

if a customer consented or gave their account number then that's ok...besides, don't you ask or confirm with your customers before doing so?

if they didn't consent or doesn't even have an outstanding order for you to ship and you still used their account to ship something else...then that's fraud...

you certainly don't want to lose a customer over a courier account number...

battleop
join:2005-09-28

battleop

"if they didn't consent or doesn't even have an outstanding order for you to ship and you still used their account to ship something else...then that's fraud.."

Ugh... I didn't say that as if I was going to actually do it or even think about doing it. The way that it's done it would not be that hard for someone to do this.