spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Mark 777

@teksavvy.com

[DSL] Teksavvy -- Nothing but trouble

After being a teksavvy customer for about six years, currently with internet, two phone lines and hosting, I've had nothing but trouble for MONTHS.
Despite changing and upgrading routers, modems, computers and every bit of wire that hooks them up, my internet continues to "drop", multiple times per day, most days of the week.
Although the light on my modem indicates I have DSL, the internet light goes red and i get nothing.
Support has been useless in that they demand ridiculously onerous testing and reconfiguration of my home set-up.
Even the "Business" department is ridiculously poor.
Teksavvy's own phones were down yesterday and the response I got to my email asking them to call me, was to email back saying "Everything has been fix and the phones are working properly again if you'd like to give us a call back. Unfortunately this e-mail is for written communication only."

Save yourself endless headaches -- avoid Teksavvy

If anyone can recommend a good internet/phone provider in Hamilton -- East mountain area, I'd be happy to hear about them.
Mark

MFido

join:2012-10-19
kudos:2
Cogeco?

JonF
Premium
join:2012-11-22
Chatham, ON
reply to Mark 777
Hello Mark,

I'm sorry that you have been having these issues. I would be happy to help you in any way I can, If can PM me your account info, I'll see what I can do for you.

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON
kudos:12
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed
said by JonF:

Hello Mark,

I'm sorry that you have been having these issues. I would be happy to help you in any way I can, If can PM me your account info, I'll see what I can do for you.

These posts start sounding very repetitive and makes me wonder if it's a program called shortkeys you're using to type it lol. An app i used to use back in the day when iDirect was around and i was doing support their

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
said by Tx:

said by JonF:

Hello Mark,

These posts start sounding very repetitive and makes me wonder if it's a program called shortkeys you're using to type it lol. An app i used to use back in the day when iDirect was around and i was doing support their

:/ There is only so many ways to offer help to someone. We appreciate your feedback though.
--
TSI Andre
Director of Service Delivery
Authorized TekSavvy Employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow me on Twitter!

JonF
Premium
Chatham, ON
reply to Mark 777
I assure you I am quite human.. lol. The Truth is, I do want to help, but account info cannot be released here. I just want to make sure that everything that has been done, was done to the best of our ability.

But I did type that message, no copy paste, not shortkeys here!

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5
I typed a message once. No trees were harmed in the sending of this message; however, a significant number of electrons were slightly inconvenienced.

Mark 777

@teksavvy.com

1 edit
reply to JonF
cid removed for privacy

[mod note] To share that with the techs you'll need to join the site »/join and either IM the information or post in the direct forum -- fourboxers

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON
kudos:12
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to JonF
said by JonF:

& Andre - I assure you I am quite human.. lol. The Truth is, I do want to help, but account info cannot be released here. I just want to make sure that everything that has been done, was done to the best of our ability.

But I did type that message, no copy paste, not shortkeys here!

wasn't feedback nor criticism lol, i did after all say i used the program for the very reason. I dealt 1 to 1 with people but initial contact was better fit on a shortkey for better productivity. I just got curious if you did or not for the initial "Hey pm us your details" message

TSILiz
Premium
join:2012-08-20
kudos:6
reply to Mark 777
We do write that alot, but its always sincere!

JMJimmy

join:2008-07-23
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

1 recommendation

reply to Mark 777
Mark: I had a similar issue with Bhell a while back, I actually had to speak to 4 different general managers of customer service before someone would believe me (over 30 hours of support phone calls in 1 week). What it ended up being was a squirrel had made a nest in one of the junction boxes and in my case every time it rained the internet would go out.

If you're in a house, keep the modem plugged into the demarc to make sure it's not mice or something chewing on your internal wiring. Then follow the line from the demarc point to the brown box. Check for any oddities (open boxes, a mess of wires, tree limbs touching the line, etc). If you can spot a potential issue, that will help TekSavvy get a Bhell tech out to fix it.

If you're in an apartment, get a tech in to check the riser you're on. When he shows up, chat him up, show an interest in what he's doing, and go with him as he checks the line. I learned a crapload that way and watched as he traced issues and ended up spending almost 2 hours with the guy. End result: he did stuff he wasn't authorized to in order to get me on the riser I wanted (I had multiple risers in different rooms) and he checked/tweaked everything along the line all the way to the DSLAM. Still had issues with Bhell's crappy service, but it was never the line after that.

Honestly, even with the issues you're having, I highly recommend sticking with TekSavvy. (I do not work for them nor do I know anyone who works there). I've been with Bhell, Robbers, Cogeco, and a few other small outfits over the years and Tek is the only company that I've encountered that really wants to do the right thing at a reasonable price.

Here's why I say that:

Bhell vs Tek (same physical line):

Bhell - 250ms or higher ping times, constant "soft" connection issues (ie: dropped packets, disconnection from games, bad streaming, but no actual problems they'd fix)
Tek - 13ms pings, very few "soft" issues and usually resolved quickly, every time I've had an issue I was able to get it resolved with a minimum of hassle (though you seem to be having more on this issue)

Robbers:

Insane prices, inconsistent speeds (due to the nature of cable), constantly giving false information (they actually tell people their software suite is required to operate a connection), horrible support, and techs who willingly mess up peoples connections just to screw with them (I watched a tech disconnect multiple lines when they came to switch my mother-in-law to Teksavvy... of course we had to get a 2nd tech out to reconnect it and who knows who else got disconnected in the process), HTTP injection

Cogeco:
High prices, ping rate problems like Bhell, if you ever have an issue that can't be solved by resetting your modem: good luck.

JonF
Premium
Chatham, ON
reply to Mark 777
Hello Mark,

I would like to go over a few things with you. Do you mind If I call you?

Mark777

@teksavvy.com
reply to JMJimmy
Already done all of that a dozen times over the years and just back in october. I'm in a house. When I get full synch but no internet --confirmed by teksavvy support -- I blame terksavvy.

I am NOT going to "plug my computer directly into my modem for 24 hours" as requested by teksavvy, and so no one else in the house can use their computers.

I sincerely believe the support demands have become deliberately onerous to try to blame/thwart the customer.

Internet that doesn't work is worth nothing, so the $100 per month I pay teksavvy is money down the drain. The time I spend endlessly restarting the modem (and I've tried several modems) is worth more than that.

SHAW Cable will likely be my next step. The people on my street who have SHAW for both internet and phone, say they Love it. Flawless, fast, never drops, never an issue.

Teksavvy has given me a whole new respect for Bell.

Mark777

@teksavvy.com
reply to JonF
sure

Mark777

@teksavvy.com
reply to JonF
It's hilarious that you have time to surf this forum and call me, but the business department that does my hosting refused to call me when I emailed them yesterday, and after calling them this morning, haven't found the time to call me back, yet.

JonF
Premium
Chatham, ON
reply to Mark 777
Just tried to call, Left a voice mail. If you can let me know when you are available that would be great.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
reply to Mark777
said by Mark777 :

It's hilarious that you have time to surf this forum and call me, but the business department that does my hosting refused to call me when I emailed them yesterday, and after calling them this morning, haven't found the time to call me back, yet.

Hi Mark,

To clarify, Jon's job is to monitor the forums and we have recently bulked up that group to get a quicker turnaround for those reaching out to us on social media channels.

I see that you had tried to call yesterday, and it happens to be that we had a pretty severe phone outage around the time you called.

I also noticed that you had emailed support@teksavvy.com to ask someone to call you. Because of the recent changes to webmail & the communications sent to customers about copyright laws, our queue is flooded. We are asking anyone that emails in to say "can you please call me" to call back in as we have a smaller pool of people to deal with email compared to those who answer calls.

For future reference, the best contact information for our Business department is 1-877-313-1575 or Biz@teksavvy.com.

It seems that someone in the Biz department (Denis) just tried calling you and left a voicemail.

Hope this clears things up.

Thanks,

Andre
--
TSI Andre
Director of Service Delivery
Authorized TekSavvy Employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow me on Twitter!

Mark777

@teksavvy.com
reply to JonF
I'm Home now and will be here for a while. Call if you like.
Expand your moderator at work