The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

1 edit

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Did you know? Modem log entries "Timeout T3 or T4"

Often I am asked what the various modem log entries mean and generally speaking the logs contain more garbage than real data but there are couple of things I do look at when considering potential customer issues.

From time to time you may see Timeout or T3 and T4 errors.

T3 errors can indicate a upstream problem

T4 errors can indicate a downstream problem

The operative word in the above is CAN. One off's or infrequent errors of this type are generally nothing to worry about. Frequent entries with some form of visible impact are worthy of me taking a look however.

I must caution you all do NOT self diagnose and call CARE worried about an issue if you see these errors but experience no impact. Instead reach out to me and I'll take a look and we will take it from there and take any necessary corrective action.

So now you know
Expand your moderator at work

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
join:2004-01-27
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer to BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

to BHNtechXpert

Re: Did you know? Modem log entries "Timeout T3 or T4"

said by BHNtechXpert:

The operative word in the above is CAN. One off's or infrequent errors of this type are generally nothing to worry about. Frequent entries with some form of visible impact are worthy of me taking a look however.

Define "frequent" in reference to the above statement.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Sorry not going to do that as each situation is different. If you are concerned about it let me know and I will check it.