how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

AZ_OGM

join:2007-01-12
Phoenix, AZ
reply to Snakeoil

Re: Moonglade and Ebon Hold: What's their purpose now?

They already provided buffers to prevent lower level toons from accidentily going into the wrong area. The higher level npcs near the border of Wetlands and Twilight Highlands is enough to prevent a level 25 staring down something 60 levels higher than it causing an omgwtfbbq.
I remember the first time discovering the emerald dream portal in NE Ashenvale when super buffed level 60 elite dragons were guarding the area. As a lowly level 25 paladin, my aggro zone was the size of Texas to them. I learned to never go near that area again, until after Cata.

JoelC707
Premium
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL
kudos:5
said by AZ_OGM:

They already provided buffers to prevent lower level toons from accidentily going into the wrong area. The higher level npcs near the border of Wetlands and Twilight Highlands is enough to prevent a level 25 staring down something 60 levels higher than it causing an omgwtfbbq.
I remember the first time discovering the emerald dream portal in NE Ashenvale when super buffed level 60 elite dragons were guarding the area. As a lowly level 25 paladin, my aggro zone was the size of Texas to them. I learned to never go near that area again, until after Cata.

I did nearly the same thing walking in Tirisfal Glades on a 20's lock. Was one of my first times playing the game back in LK and was just out exploring (mostly trying to figure out WTF am I supposed to do lol). Came across what I later found out was WPL. Only thing that saved me were a couple of high level toons happened to be right on my tail and killed the bear or spider that had aggroed to me LOL.