« well
This is a sub-selection from Nice deployment chart

silbaco
Premium
join:2009-08-03
USA
reply to NotTheMama

Re: Nice deployment chart

Unfortunately, you can't host a server on Google Fiber. It falls under misuse and is a violation of their ToS. I am not aware that it was originally forbidden, but it is now unless you receive a written agreement. Whether or not it will be enforced is another question.

I am not saying I wouldn't subscribe to Google Fiber either. But I think a lot of people won't because of price.

NotTheMama
What Would Earl Do?

join:2012-12-06

That's just one of the standard silly clauses every ISP throws into the ToS. That's their way of telling you that you have residential service which is not supposed to be used for business purposes (profit or non-profit). However, there's nothing specifically non-residential about having a server. It's all about the kind of traffic you get. I've had no need to run a server for some years now, but if I did have a need, then I would--regardless of the ToS. I would, however, never try to run a business using residential service; it would only be for personal use.
--
"...but ya doesn't hasta call me Johnson!"

silbaco
Premium
join:2009-08-03
USA

1 recommendation

My ISP doesn't have the clause. In fact I even called them and asked them about it. They said they don't care what you do, and that they leave all ports open specifically for that purpose.

NotTheMama
What Would Earl Do?

join:2012-12-06

I like them already.