Premium Member
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto

Boricua to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil

Re: A little early: Godzilla is back.. 2014. *Crosses fingers*

said by Snakeoil:

I so love Godzilla, I feel like a young kid when ever I watch the movies.
It's so simple, but so detailed. And yes, the goofs [like the cables that mothra is attached to].

I grew up watching Godzilla, sometimes in the wee hours of the night. To this day, I still love it and watch (even if I see the "cables" of Mothra). No matter how many times I've seen the different Godzilla movies, I don't get tired of seeing it over and over again.
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd

Premium Member

In part I think that is because Godzilla and other monster movies of that era are still simply enjoyable films. They have flaws, their plots are garbage, The cables are visible and you know its a guy in a rubber suit. But it most people enjoy a good monster flick.

Of course I also love movies like Independence Day, Again cheesy as hell but good fun.

Sure yes sometimes a heart moving well scripted drama is good. But if one cannot enjoy shutting the brain off, turning the TV on and watching an 80 story lizard stomp the shit out of Tokyo there is something wrong with them.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

1 recommendation

Snakeoil

Premium Member

What hooks me to movies like Godzilla is the set details. Working stop lights, traffic, the ambient sounds.
Plus, I can't imagine being a hot rubber suit with all those explosions going on around me.

Though my favorite Godzilla knock off is bobcat goldthwait in the Godzilla suite trashing a condo model.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· IVn5cq5U

Wily_One
Premium Member
join:2002-11-24
San Jose, CA

Wily_One

Premium Member

hehe - nice find

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

»blastr.com/2012/12/artis ··· stru.php

Concept art of what maybe a scene in the film.

Boricua
Premium Member
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto

Boricua to Kearnstd

Premium Member

to Kearnstd
said by Kearnstd:

Of course I also love movies like Independence Day, Again cheesy as hell but good fun.

As a kid, I didn't think too much except I enjoyed Godzilla period. As an adult now, I have noticed the strings and the cheesiness but I still enjoy the Godzilla movies .

I still enjoy watching Independence Day to this day. My favorite is the President (Bill Pullman) giving a speech about Independence Day is not just an American Holiday but a day to be remembered as avoiding annihilation.

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

Slowly, and eventually:

»screenrant.com/independe ··· ever-3d/

Independence day 2 and 3.

»www.hollywoodreporter.co ··· e-346511

That link hints at a possible Stargate return.
I thought Stargate was ok, but I loved Farscape and Serenity. Now if either or both of those two were to go to/return to the big screen, damn, I would be so happy.