Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
reply to Venom1

Re: rose-colored glasses (Q-Q--)

said by Venom1:

man i miss vanilla.

There are oldschool Vanilla pure servers out there. They're not Blizzard stuff, but they exist.

I think people realize the fun they had in the old expansions, but when they go back to play it, they miss a lot of the new features they're used to having now.

There was great challenge with old school raids, the kinds of challenge never seen again. Tier 3 Naxx was the most difficult raid instance in the history of WoW. The raid encounters have been tuned down significantly from that point and I really don't think that people have the patience, dedication, skill, and/or time to go back to something like that again.

Other than that, there wasn't much else to offer for the game aside from battleground PVP grinding, which was just a timesink to try and climb to the highest rank.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

Cptbeatstix

join:2011-12-21
Carrollton, TX
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Immer

Damn't, I should try harder. I enjoyed it because I got to see all the content, rock thunderfury when it was beastly in pvp and never really had a problem with gold since I had most of the fire resist crafting gear like the cloak. I admit, for the player that put in less than 20 hours a week (which honestly isn't hard to do) itwas something that just dragged on and on. But I was able to do progression because of being in the military and actually getting off work because I was 2 Hours behind the raid times.

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4
reply to Savious

+10 fire resist!!!!!!!!!! Gimmme dat for 500g!

Savious
Premium
join:2012-03-05
Belgrade, MT
reply to xenograffiti

I had an epic mount when I hit 60. Of course, I also found 3 fire resist rings in WPL while leveling.
--
Jobbie told me to keep my signature the same. This is me rebelling.

xenograffiti

@unt.edu
reply to Cuthgar

said by Cuthgar:

Care to post what fun things were occurring during vanilla? I seem to not recall all this fun people claim to have.

40 main raids where half the raid was always afk, hoping loot dropped then having at least 4 others of the same class all needing the same.

Epic mounts ground mounts were rare. saving up enough gold for one took forever. I remember running everywhere for a long while.

Top pvp gear was given to those who played 24-7, sharing accounts. Titles in pvp were based on how long you played, not how good you were.

There's more im probably missing but even with my hatred towards dailies and the new gated system thats currently in game, hands down the improvements that have been made since vanilla have made playing so much more enjoyable.

Don't get me wrong, at the time I was having fun, but with all the improvements that have been made im not seeing how people would rather go back to what was then.

Are you addressing me..? Because if you read what I wrote then you'll see that we agree.

I enjoyed 40 man raids and the early days of pvp. The game had srs issues for sure, as I said I wouldn't want to go back to it - but I had fun and made new friends.

Carpie

join:2012-10-19
united state
kudos:5
reply to Adalicia

said by Adalicia:

Lol.

They see you trollin'.

They hatin'...
Still trollin'...
They tryin' to catch me playin' dirty

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
reply to Immer

Great comic.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom

join:2009-10-13
Lincoln, NE
kudos:13
reply to Cptbeatstix

said by Cptbeatstix:

PVP was fun. I was in a progression raid team in vanilla and I only fell asleep once on the Rag pull in MC. Epic mounts weren't rare if you had professions or spent time doing dungeons and not just sitting down and complaining about it being expensive.

Seems like you were a casual player that loves the fact everything is easier to get now.

Lol.

They see you trollin'.
--
Lore Nerd. Role Player. Raid Leader. Healing Priest. Slightly Annoying. Also Likes Kittens.

Suniojii

join:2009-10-31
Lakeside, CA
reply to Cptbeatstix

said by Cptbeatstix:

PVP was fun. I was in a progression raid team in vanilla and I only fell asleep once on the Rag pull in MC. Epic mounts weren't rare if you had professions or spent time doing dungeons and not just sitting down and complaining about it being expensive.

Seems like you were a casual player that loves the fact everything is easier to get now.

Troll much? Everything Cuthgar said was spot on. What is a casual player to you? Someone who puts in less than 40 hours a week?

Cptbeatstix

join:2011-12-21
Carrollton, TX
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Cuthgar

Cuthgar

join:2009-07-14
Palmdale, CA
reply to xenograffiti

Care to post what fun things were occurring during vanilla? I seem to not recall all this fun people claim to have.

40 main raids where half the raid was always afk, hoping loot dropped then having at least 4 others of the same class all needing the same.

Epic mounts ground mounts were rare. saving up enough gold for one took forever. I remember running everywhere for a long while.

Top pvp gear was given to those who played 24-7, sharing accounts. Titles in pvp were based on how long you played, not how good you were.

There's more im probably missing but even with my hatred towards dailies and the new gated system thats currently in game, hands down the improvements that have been made since vanilla have made playing so much more enjoyable.

Don't get me wrong, at the time I was having fun, but with all the improvements that have been made im not seeing how people would rather go back to what was then.

xenograffiti

@unt.edu
reply to Immer

Good comic - exactly right.

I miss vanilla like I miss a lot of the "good old days". There was fun stuff I did back then that can't ever be recreated.. but there's no way in hell I actually want to revert back to it.

cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it

join:2010-08-17
Houma, LA
kudos:1
reply to Josof

I am more of a Neo-politan man

Josof

join:2010-10-23
Virginia Beach, VA
reply to Venom1

said by Venom1: