Who Is John Galt?
Premium
join:2000-08-06
Galt's Gulch
kudos:2
reply to Snowy

Re: Instagram says it now has the right to sell your photos

said by Snowy:

I defy you to find a TOS that doesn't have that clause.

I thought that was covered by "...just about all TOS..."

My point, admittedly unclear, is that posting anything on any public site/cloud/whatever could be used without your explicit consent at some time in the future. The TOS, users agree to, allows that.
--
Don't feed trolls--it only makes them grow!

Snowy
Premium
join:2003-04-05
Kailua, HI
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Clearwire Wireless

1 recommendation

said by StuartMW:

said by Snowy:

I defy you to find a TOS that doesn't have that clause.

I thought that was covered by "...just about all TOS..."

My point, admittedly unclear, is that posting anything on any public site/cloud/whatever could be used without your explicit consent at some time in the future. The TOS, users agree to, allows that.

Your point was clear but important enough for some redundancy.

OZO
Premium
join:2003-01-17
reply to StuartMW
said by StuartMW:

It's a corporate world, we're living in now. Their rights always trump rights of individuals, even if it relates to intellectual property rights... They make money, you go pound sand. Not a pretty picture, but how many can see or somehow change that?
--
Keep it simple, it'll become complex by itself...

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK
"When all means of legal recourse is gone, all that is left the citizenry are the illegal methods."

OZO
Premium
join:2003-01-17
In a corporate world, that's what they called "terrorism". The attempt to change the status quo defined by many laws, bought lobbied by corporations... You want "legal" way? If you have a big pocket, go ahead and buy your own law, protecting intellectual property of individuals from corporations. Money rules...
--
Keep it simple, it'll become complex by itself...