uniqs

Karl Bode
News Guy
join:2000-03-02

Karl Bode to pjhofmann

News Guy

to pjhofmann

Re: Frontier here in Portland, OR

I believe there were only like 100,000 FiOS users involved in those sales, and a big chunk of those left when Frontier introduced that $500 install fee to scare them away....

pjhofmann
join:2000-08-22
Argyle, TX

1 recommendation

pjhofmann

I believe the $500 install fee was instituted to scare off potentially new customers to their video service. I don't believe Frontier wants to be in the TV business, that being said they haven't done a thing to try and scare me off their system. I've had to negotiate a slightly higher price after my initial 2-year contract expired and found it comparable to Comcast so I'm still here. The data services has been pretty good, great speeds, no cap to speak of and reliable.
slopoke
join:2012-05-20
London, OH

2 recommendations

slopoke

Us too, as much crap as you hear about Frontier they've been real good here. Even updated our old system some and it has gotten more reliable. And speed is good, what I'm paying for at least. Got a real good service guy who seems to care if we're getting what we need. Verizon, meh. Matter of fact been on line since July with no drops. (now watch it crap tonite in the middle of my coding, LOL, not likely)
tmc8080
join:2004-04-24
Brooklyn, NY

tmc8080 to Karl Bode

to Karl Bode
said by Karl Bode:

I believe there were only like 100,000 FiOS users involved in those sales, and a big chunk of those left when Frontier introduced that $500 install fee to scare them away....

And when they did that, Portland should have fined the company $1k for each customer they did that to and refund it back to the customer-- or create a muni FTTP project to supplant frontier.

Just say no to Verizon's LTE.. I hope they choke on every last bit of their overpriced bandwidth and let it sit there like lettuce on a Japanese import dock...
openbox9
Premium Member
join:2004-01-26

openbox9

Premium Member

Is Frontier charging existing customers $500? Why would Portland fine a company for charging an install fee for new customers?

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member
join:2000-02-26

cork1958 to tmc8080

Premium Member

to tmc8080
said by tmc8080:

said by Karl Bode:

And when they did that, Portland should have fined the company $1k for each customer they did that to and refund it back to the customer-- or create a muni FTTP project to supplant frontier.

Just say no to Verizon's LTE.. I hope they choke on every last bit of their overpriced bandwidth and let it sit there like lettuce on a Japanese import dock...

I'll go along with that last paragraph 100%

wesm
Premium Member
join:1999-07-29
Seattle, WA

wesm to Karl Bode

Premium Member

to Karl Bode
The $500 install fee died months ago, even for television. Installation is now free with a contract, or $79-$139 for month-to-month.

Frankly, the service I've gotten on Frontier FiOS has been better than what I had with Verizon FiOS when I lived in a territory that Verizon still serves.
axus
join:2001-06-18
Washington, DC

axus

Interesting, maybe they decided profitable is something they should be after all.