spc
Search similar:

uniqs
simon726
join:2006-12-21
Ajax, ON

simon726

[Wireless] Cisco Linksys E2500 random disconnections

I have a Cisco E2500 Dual-band Wireless N router in my house and we use that to share our high-speed internet cable connection through Rogers (a cable company in Canada). The Rogers modem is a Cisco DPC3825 - I converted that device from being a router/modem combo into a "modem-only" operation (technically known as "Bridge mode").

Most recently, I've been experiencing some random disconnections with my wireless router. Every time I tried to go into a certain website for a certain amount of time along with watching streaming video online - my connection suddenly dropped - until it comes to a point that it has to reboot itself and then it does a reconnection. This could happen when the computer is one for about 2.5 to 3 hours of the time. I didn't notice it until I tried to access a random website and so fourth.

I have three laptops and two desktops in my house. One of them is hardwired on one room on the second (2nd) floor (where the cable modem and the wireless router is located), the other is equipped with a wireless-N PCI card (the model of that wireless card is WMP600N) - that desktop is located downstairs in my basement.

I was wondering - could my wireless router be defective or is there something in between? If I bought a very crappy router, which particular router would you suggest?

Kyawa
Premium Member
join:2006-01-26
Middletown, MD

Kyawa

Premium Member

Is it only the wireless or would it do the same thing on the PC that's hardwired?
simon726
Ajax, ON

simon726

said by Kyawa:

Is it only the wireless or would it do the same thing on the PC that's hardwired?

It's just the wireless that I know of. The firmware version on that router is 1.0.05, for your information.

Kyawa
Premium Member
join:2006-01-26
Middletown, MD

Kyawa

Premium Member

Well, its pretty important for you to verify this. How do you know it's not your modem?
simon726
Ajax, ON

simon726

I haven't tried anything hardwired to my router at this point, but I'll probably keep on monitoring the router's activity right now.

I might often suffer any drop in activity or so and that's why I often have to do a hard reset (unplugging the router and plugging it back in) on my router - as a "stop gap" measure.

That problem doesn't occur everyday but on "certain times". Right now, everything seems to be "stable" at this point.

I'll probably keep you posted if anything arises.