All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
qewey
join:2007-10-04

1 recommendation

qewey to stevey_frac

to stevey_frac

Re: Kickstarter for funds VS Voltage Lawsuits-CAMPAIGN LAUNCHED!

CIPPIC is already funded I think and is part of the U of Ottawa. Unless they come and tell you they need money specifically for this mandate but I dont think it is the case.

Like somebody said, save these funds for when the extortion letters are sent out. Then the KEY point is make it easy for people to respond to them and call their bluff with a template letter. That needs some money. Then if it goes to court, you will need more money.
dad_of_3
join:2004-05-31
Ingleside, ON

dad_of_3

said by qewey:

CIPPIC is already funded I think and is part of the U of Ottawa. Unless they come and tell you they need money specifically for this mandate but I dont think it is the case.

Like somebody said, save these funds for when the extortion letters are sent out. Then the KEY point is make it easy for people to respond to them and call their bluff with a template letter. That needs some money. Then if it goes to court, you will need more money.

I'm tending to think along these lines as well. If CIPPIC however needs the funds to mount a proper intervention, then sure pass it along. If they don't, then perhaps wait and seel what happens on the next court date. If they are successful, then the fund should certainly go to them as there will be no further need of it. If they are unsuccessful, well, once the first extortion letters start to arrive....

Also, as someone else on another thread pointed out, perhaps the trolls are keeping tabs on these forums. Maybe they will think twice about going forward with actual litigation if they see how dedicated folks here are. If they KNOW there is a fund to help out the first possible defendants, then maybe they will think twice before proceeding. Remember this is all a money game for them. If a possible first defendant didn't have to worry about initial legal costs, I'm sure they would feel tons better telling Voltage to stuff any possible settlement offer....hmmmmm..