uniqs
share rss forum feed

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:2

1 edit

XBox Channels Added

Not sure if there's a thread on this: »forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-at···p/514163

Now if we could just get the same type of app for Android (Gingerbread) and Windows 8....

Greg2600

join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ

I posted in another thread here that XBOX and Samsung TV apps were being modified to get the 75 channels which Apple iPad and LG TV apps get. Basically Microsoft had to modify the XBOX app on their side. So that kind of tells me that someone besides Verizon would have to create the app for Android. As for Windows 8, I believe Microsoft is readying XBOX Live for Windows at some point in the new future....

PJL

Long Beach, CA

said by Greg2600:

I posted in another thread here that XBOX and Samsung TV apps were being modified to get the 75 channels which Apple iPad and LG TV apps get. Basically Microsoft had to modify the XBOX app on their side. So that kind of tells me that someone besides Verizon would have to create the app for Android. As for Windows 8, I believe Microsoft is readying XBOX Live for Windows at some point in the new future....

Yes you did post in another thread, and I just mentioned that the Xbox version is now live.

Android already has Android apps (and PC apps for that matter), so a third party is not necessary -- they do app development already. For example, their Media Manager app on Android streams video already.

I'm not looking for something like an Xbox Live for Windows 8 (which will likely require an Xbox subscription). I'm looking for a Verizon app that runs on Windows 8 (desktop, Surface and phone) and an Android app that works just like the iPad app does, which does not require anything but an active FiOS TV subscription and using your local LAN -- or like the current Media Manager for streaming video.

nascar

join:2000-02-28
Verona, NJ
reply to PJL

Just tried it. Works nice

manuetdeo

join:2012-01-04
Sun City, CA
reply to PJL

another reason why i dont need another stb. imagine a company letting me recoup some of the money i spent, good job microsoft. any one else notice these are like most of the channels anyone watches at least in my house. i mean if i got a few more xboxes, i could lose my stbs altogether.

i wonder though? convenient this happened after the AMC thing? coincidence?

Dliv

join:2010-03-29
Lutherville Timonium, MD
reply to PJL

Sweet! Now I won't have to run cable and pay for another box in my son's room. It now has most of the channels he watches.

dmodert66

join:2007-04-02
Ontario, CA
reply to PJL

said by PJL:

Not sure if there's a thread on this: »forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-at···p/514163

Now if we could just get the same type of app for Android (Gingerbread) and Windows 8....

I asked Verizon on Twitter about Android streaming...The reply? "All in good time dmodert66, all in good time".

Acct101
Premium
join:2011-09-20
Bensalem, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Verizon FiOS
·T-Mobile US
reply to PJL

So let me get this straight, if I have an Xbox or newer Samsung TV, I can get those 75 channels from Fios without needing a box?

Is it available to the Ipad as well?

Bear with me if these are stupid questions, I am not keeping up with this technology.

Thanks

Acct101
Premium
Bensalem, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Verizon FiOS
·T-Mobile US
reply to PJL

So I was thinking, if this was available to the Ipad, I could picture a family not having a TV, everyone sitting around with their headphones on watching their favorite shows on their iPads.

I just wish the quality of the programming would get better. Its funny that I have tons and tons of channels, but can never find anything to watch.

Greg2600

join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ
reply to PJL

XBOX Live Gold and iPad's have it. Certain Samsung and LG TV's have it, which I personally don't know. I have a new Samsung that probably can get it, but there's really no point since I have the HD STB on it, because I'm paying for several hundred more channels than 75.

PJL

Long Beach, CA

1 edit
reply to dmodert66

said by dmodert66I :

asked Verizon on Twitter about Android streaming...The reply? "All in good time dmodert66, all in good time".

Thanks for posting this information. Could you tweet the same question for Windows 8? I don't use twitter and don't monitor the FiOS feed anymore. Thanks!.

crgauth

join:2004-05-18
Glen Burnie, MD
kudos:1
reply to Greg2600

Yes. I have it on one of my Samsung TVs. Makes it nice as it is the TV that I have my DVR on. So if I am recording two other shows, I can still watch somethng else (as long as it is one of the 75).
Just wish they could add VOD and remote DVR support. Then I could get rid of some boxes. Pretty sure they won't as they want the income.
But maybe the new home media server will support it?

Webcobbler

@verizon.net

I too just checked, and I have it on my 2012 Samsung. It is very nice to recieve the update from the 27 to the new 75 channels bc I have the TV down in the basement for watching and listening to shows when doing Laundry.

Plus it being a Smart TV, the added bonus of Amazon Instant Video, and HBO GO directly to the tv, along with the FiOS TV App, makes going to the basement a much more pleasant experience.

I never had a STB of any kind down there ever, bc there was no point to, but now, I especially don't need to even think about getting one with all the added benefits of both Samsung Smart TVs, and ESP Verizon FIOS.

Plus, I also love the 75 channels on my iPad as well.

Acct101
Premium
Bensalem, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Verizon FiOS
·T-Mobile US

So can I get rid of all my boxes if I have the outlets mentioned here to go Fios in my home? And if that is the case, which package would I purchase? Would it be prime since I would only be getting 75 channels? What happens to the locals? Is there anything like DirecTV developed? You remember, for many years you could not get locals on DirecTv.

Thanks for your comments and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Acct101
Premium
Bensalem, PA
reply to crgauth

Do you have to pay for Xbox Gold? Is it expensive?

manuetdeo

join:2012-01-04
Sun City, CA
reply to Acct101

well i have extreme but i think at the very least you would still need one box or a cablecard.

the 75 channels are only some of the most popular ones and the only sport ones are nfl and espn

locals are available if your tv has qam256 tuners i believe

xbox gold is 60$ a year(ONE acct), regular price or 99$ for the family pack(FOUR acct)

Zero

join:2009-07-01
Collegeville, PA
reply to PJL

Glad to see they updated it like I was concerned about not long ago in another thread:
»Re: WOO! Update your iPad FIOS APP...live streaming TV

For WMC users, this only helps to make the Xbox 360 the best WMC extender by increasing the value in it if you've got an Xbox Live Gold membership. The FiOS TV app with a decent amount of channels is a good supplement for live TV if all the TV tuners are in use on the WMC PC.

dmon4u

join:2006-03-15
Hummelstown, PA

Re: XBox

I wonder why the Favorites function has not been available yet ?

There's a lot of dead weight channels that need to go despite being HD.

Acct101
Premium
Bensalem, PA
reply to manuetdeo

Re: XBox Channels Added

Of the 75 channels, will I only see the ones I get with my subscription to Prime? So I won't see the NFL channel?

thanks

nycdave
Premium,MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY
kudos:16
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

All of the Verizon streaming apps rely on the video package subscription, so if you are connecting to a Prime TV package, you will only get the channels included in Prime. This is not just for the xBox app, it's true for all the Verizon apps (Samsung, LG, etc.).

IanR

join:2001-03-22
Fort Mill, SC
reply to PJL

A disappointing list for me. No NBC Sports no Speed 2