MVM
join:2003-12-10
Campbell Hall, NY

dellsweig to Cudni

MVM

to Cudni

Re: Instagram says it now has the right to sell your photos

said by Cudni:

I'm not even using the service and yet I'm annoyed by the blatant abuse. If the users let them get away with it then it will be users fault just as much as theirs

Cudni

Kind of interesting - My 25 year old daughter uses instagram heavily. I just got off the phone with her about this and she is taking the attitude that everyone sells your personal data - why is this different....

I said its one thing to sell my browser history or shopping habits to Amazon or to 'allow' linkedIn access to my phonebook so they can 'find more contacts' .

Its entirely something different if Instagram (Facebook) sells a picture of my 15 month old granddaughter to some third party who lets it get published on some questionable third world web site.....

This should really open the door for other providers to talk about how secure or how far reaching their cloud services are.....
Secyurityet
Premium Member
join:2012-01-07
untied state
·T-Mobile

Secyurityet

Premium Member

said by dellsweig:

I said its one thing to sell my browser history or shopping habits to Amazon or to 'allow' linkedIn access to my phonebook so they can 'find more contacts' .

Its entirely something different if Instagram (Facebook) sells a picture of my 15 month old granddaughter to some third party who lets it get published on some questionable third world web site.....

Especially if whoever posted the photo wasn't savvy enough to delete the EXIF data with coordinates...

instagram becomes the Sears catalog for pedos...