spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Mangix

join:2012-02-16
united state

[IPv6] Trouble enabling IPv6 on an Xfinity gateway(Arris TG862G)

I just got Comcast and am having issues enabling IPv6 with this router. And yes, my area is IPv6 enabled. Here's a screenshot: »dl.dropbox.com/u/102011983/Untitled.png

The checkbox is there but I cannot check it at all.

Any ideas?

egeek84
Premium
join:2011-07-28
Livermore, CA

Re: [IPv6] Trouble enabling IPv6 on an Xfinity gateway(Arris TG8

i have the same issue, my area is ipv6 ready but i can't check the box. My guess is that Comcast has to enable it before we can check it.

NetFixer
Snarl For The Camera Please
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
·Comcast
reply to Mangix

Looking at »mydeviceinfo.comcast.net/, I don't see the IPv6 certified box checked.

Here is a screenshot:

--
We can never have enough of nature.
We need to witness our own limits transgressed, and some life pasturing freely where we never wander.

Mangix

join:2012-02-16
united state
reply to Mangix

Really strange as the modem portion of it does support DHCPv6(it lists attempts which remain at 0). Must need a firmware update I guess.

NetFixer
Snarl For The Camera Please
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
·Comcast

said by Mangix:

Really strange as the modem portion of it does support DHCPv6(it lists attempts which remain at 0). Must need a firmware update I guess.

From a quick perusal of the »mydeviceinfo.comcast.net/ page, I don't see any of the cable gateway boxes that have the IPv6 certification from Comcast yet. It is possible that some of them may actually work with IPv6, but I doubt that Comcast would provide any IPv6 tech support for any of them until they are officially certified.
--
We can never have enough of nature.
We need to witness our own limits transgressed, and some life pasturing freely where we never wander.

NetDog
Premium,VIP
join:2002-03-04
Parker, CO
kudos:77
reply to Mangix

The Arris TG862G isn't enabled for IPv6 at this time, I will PM you my email address email me your info. Once we do get ready to enable this type of feature I will put you on the list to test it.

NetDog
Premium,VIP
join:2002-03-04
Parker, CO
kudos:77
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Mangix

said by Mangix:

I do believe that is the cable modem management side of the cable modem.