Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
kudos:1
reply to Boricua

Re: A little early: Godzilla is back.. 2014. *Crosses fingers*

In part I think that is because Godzilla and other monster movies of that era are still simply enjoyable films. They have flaws, their plots are garbage, The cables are visible and you know its a guy in a rubber suit. But it most people enjoy a good monster flick.

Of course I also love movies like Independence Day, Again cheesy as hell but good fun.

Sure yes sometimes a heart moving well scripted drama is good. But if one cannot enjoy shutting the brain off, turning the TV on and watching an 80 story lizard stomp the shit out of Tokyo there is something wrong with them.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH

1 recommendation

What hooks me to movies like Godzilla is the set details. Working stop lights, traffic, the ambient sounds.
Plus, I can't imagine being a hot rubber suit with all those explosions going on around me.

Though my favorite Godzilla knock off is bobcat goldthwait in the Godzilla suite trashing a condo model.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uuIVn5cq5U

--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

Wily_One
Premium
join:2002-11-24
San Jose, CA
hehe - nice find

Snakeoil
Premium
Mentor, OH
»blastr.com/2012/12/artist-reveal···stru.php

Concept art of what maybe a scene in the film.

Boricua
Premium
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto
reply to Kearnstd
said by Kearnstd:

Of course I also love movies like Independence Day, Again cheesy as hell but good fun.

As a kid, I didn't think too much except I enjoyed Godzilla period. As an adult now, I have noticed the strings and the cheesiness but I still enjoy the Godzilla movies .

I still enjoy watching Independence Day to this day. My favorite is the President (Bill Pullman) giving a speech about Independence Day is not just an American Holiday but a day to be remembered as avoiding annihilation.
--
Illegal aliens have always been a problem in the United States. Ask any Indian. Robert Orben

Snakeoil
Premium
Mentor, OH
Slowly, and eventually:

»screenrant.com/independence-day-···ever-3d/

Independence day 2 and 3.

»www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v···e-346511

That link hints at a possible Stargate return.
I thought Stargate was ok, but I loved Farscape and Serenity. Now if either or both of those two were to go to/return to the big screen, damn, I would be so happy.