michieru
Premium Member
join:2009-07-25
Denver, CO

michieru to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5

Re: Old technology

I wouldn't call the move smart but rather scum bag. Either way Frontier accepted the deal, no feeling sorry for yourself now.
openbox9
Premium Member
join:2004-01-26

openbox9

Premium Member

said by michieru:

I wouldn't call the move smart but rather scum bag.

It's business. Try not to take it personally

michieru
Premium Member
Denver, CO

michieru

Premium Member

Oh I know that but that's still a scum bag move . Never said it was a bad thing for your pocket.

cableties
Premium Member
join:2005-01-27

cableties to michieru

Premium Member

to michieru
said by michieru:

I wouldn't call the move smart but rather scum bag. Either way Frontier accepted the deal, no feeling sorry for yourself now.

I believe the term you are looking for is "carpet-bagger".
You see, with Fairpoint, it is a southern-company that got hooked and stuck with the bill/debt of Verizon's dying copper-plant.
Now Fairpoint's investors were either narrow-minded or plan on short-selling soon.

"Verizon, using the colors of the Nazi party in their logo!"

Pathfinder5
Dazed Confused
Premium Member
join:2000-03-26
New York, NY

Pathfinder5

Premium Member

said by cableties:

I believe the term you are looking for is "carpet-bagger".
You see, with Fairpoint, it is a southern-company that got hooked and stuck with the bill/debt of Verizon's dying copper-plant.
Now Fairpoint's investors were either narrow-minded or plan on short-selling soon.

"Verizon, using the colors of the Nazi party in their logo!"

Fairpoint didn't get stuck with anything. They stuck themselves. If they and their bank of lawyers didn't see this coming then shame on them.

michieru
Premium Member
Denver, CO

michieru to cableties

Premium Member

to cableties
Never heard the term carpet-bagger until now. Well said and yes someone screwed the pooch at Fairpoint to make it happen. Who ever said "let's do this" was dumb as rocks or got a guaranteed position in Verizon.