uniqs
mikefxu
join:2004-10-05
Titusville, FL

mikefxu to LazMan

to LazMan

Re: HP enterprise support

said by LazMan:

Lesson to be learned here? Buy your power from a power company, and your server's from a server company...

PowerWare/Eaton, APC, or MGE are my first suggestions. I hate Mits, mostly for there support policies...

The HP unit in question appears to be a re-badged Eaton, for what its worth.

exocet_cm
Writing
Premium Member
join:2003-03-23
Brooklyn, NY

exocet_cm

Premium Member

said by mikefxu:

said by LazMan:

Lesson to be learned here? Buy your power from a power company, and your server's from a server company...

PowerWare/Eaton, APC, or MGE are my first suggestions. I hate Mits, mostly for there support policies...

It is. I pulled the battery pack from the dead UPS and they are all Eaton batteries.

LazMan
Premium Member
join:2003-03-26
Beverly Hills, CA

LazMan to mikefxu

Premium Member

to mikefxu
said by mikefxu:

said by LazMan:

True - but if the OP'd called Eaton for support on an Eaton UPS, (hopefully) wouldn't have taken 7 transfers through 5 different people to get to who he actually needed to speak with...

That's more the aspect I was referring to, rather then the quality of the actual product (which will just be a re-badged 'something else' about 99.5% of the time)