uniqs
share rss forum feed

mikefxu

join:2004-10-05
Titusville, FL
reply to LazMan

Re: HP enterprise support

said by LazMan:

Lesson to be learned here? Buy your power from a power company, and your server's from a server company...

PowerWare/Eaton, APC, or MGE are my first suggestions. I hate Mits, mostly for there support policies...

The HP unit in question appears to be a re-badged Eaton, for what its worth.

exocet_cm
Free at last, free at last
Premium
join:2003-03-23
New Orleans, LA
kudos:3
said by mikefxu:

said by LazMan:

Lesson to be learned here? Buy your power from a power company, and your server's from a server company...

PowerWare/Eaton, APC, or MGE are my first suggestions. I hate Mits, mostly for there support policies...

It is. I pulled the battery pack from the dead UPS and they are all Eaton batteries.
--
"I have measured out my life with coffee spoons..." - T.S Eliot
"I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Publilius Syrus
Ma blog: »www.johndball.com

LazMan
Premium
join:2003-03-26
canada
reply to mikefxu
said by mikefxu:

said by LazMan:

True - but if the OP'd called Eaton for support on an Eaton UPS, (hopefully) wouldn't have taken 7 transfers through 5 different people to get to who he actually needed to speak with...

That's more the aspect I was referring to, rather then the quality of the actual product (which will just be a re-badged 'something else' about 99.5% of the time)