spc
Search similar:

uniqs

moon1234
@gammex.com

moon1234

Anon

Live in Frontier land too.

I live in an area sold to Frontier. DSL has remained at 1Mbps for the last DECADE. Not a single drop of effort to increase speed. Charter on the other hand, curse their pricing, has 100Mbps service, has offered FIVE free speed upgrades since I have been here (along with 5 price hikes to the TV side).

Frontier proceeded to increase home phone rates to the point it cost more than monthly cell service. Granted that more than half the bill was taxes and fees, I don't see how Frontier will stay in business. I was the last resident on my block of 20 houses to still have a land line active until a few months back.

Charter seems to be the only company actually spending money on improving rural customer access. I guess it shows since almost everyone has internet service from Charter and TV from a small dish company. Charter just sucks ass on their TV pricing. The new a-hole apple exec they got has really pissed off a LOT of people when "promo" renewal time comes around. Pricing going up a few dollars each year is one thing. $40/month is quite another.
Chubbysumo
join:2009-12-01
Duluth, MN
Ubee E31U2V1
(Software) pfSense
Netgear WNR3500L

Chubbysumo

said by moon1234 :

Charter seems to be the only company actually spending money on improving rural customer access. I guess it shows since almost everyone has internet service from Charter and TV from a small dish company. Charter just sucks ass on their TV pricing. The new a-hole apple exec they got has really pissed off a LOT of people when "promo" renewal time comes around. Pricing going up a few dollars each year is one thing. $40/month is quite another.

If your on the old pricing setup, do not change a thing. I pay 200 per month for TV(basic, expanded basic, digitier1), and their ultra100 service. If I change anything, it moves me to the new price structure, which costs me $40 more per month or more(with more taxes and fees, im sure it would be closer to 50). at that point, I would drop the TV and either cut the cord or go with DirecTV. DirecTV offers $30 per month for a year or two, with no taxes and fees, checked my landlords bill. I lose a few channels, and the DVR would cost another $20 per month. It comes out to a few dollars cheaper as is, but if im moved to the new pricing, im changing TV providers or dropping them all together. TV is overrated. I watch 3 shows a week, and I can find them online for free.