join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast
reply to JohnInSJ

Re: [Connectivity] www.usbank.com not reachable from my Comcast

They still have domain names under the Firstar Brand?

US Bank bought Firstar in the late '90s or early 2000's. I know this because Firstar became US Bank when I still lived in Iowa and I moved to Massachusetts in 2002.

Banks were being bought out like crazy back then. Commercial Federal Bought out Perpetual Savings Bank and they are now Bank of the West. Bank of America bought out Fleet. My current bank, Berkshire Bank was Woronoco Savings Bank before being bought out by Berkshire Bank.

I bet many of these banks still have servers using the domain names of their former names.

When I had AT&T for cell phone, they had many of their apps under the domains of mycingular even though their name changed to AT&T.

NetFixer
Bah Humbug
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage

1 edit
said by IowaCowboy:

They still have domain names under the Firstar Brand?

US Bank bought Firstar in the late '90s or early 2000's. I know this because Firstar became US Bank when I still lived in Iowa and I moved to Massachusetts in 2002.

Banks were being bought out like crazy back then. Commercial Federal Bought out Perpetual Savings Bank and they are now Bank of the West. Bank of America bought out Fleet. My current bank, Berkshire Bank was Woronoco Savings Bank before being bought out by Berkshire Bank.

I bet many of these banks still have servers using the domain names of their former names.

When I had AT&T for cell phone, they had many of their apps under the domains of mycingular even though their name changed to AT&T.

It would appear that US Bank has indeed preserved many (if not all) of their predecessors' domain names.

I remember the buyout because I lost a third party maintenance contract after the US Bank purchase of Firstar. I used to maintain routers and other communication devices for Star Bank and Firstar in this area for a VAR who supplied the equipment.
--
We can never have enough of nature.
We need to witness our own limits transgressed, and some life pasturing freely where we never wander.