spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bmis42988

join:2012-12-18

[NV] Serviceable and then unserviceable

About 2 years ago I called cox and asked if service was available in my area. They told me they'd have to send an engineer out to come look at it. I called them back about 2 weeks later (they were supposed to call back 2 days later but never did). They told me the area was unserviceable because the "plant" was 500 feet away (the telephone pole is less than 80 yards away). After months of calling and getting transferred to different departments and filing forms I got tired of trying and gave up.

Fast forward two years. Many houses have come up in my area that are all serviceable. I've seen many cox vehicles outside of my culdesac inspecting and doing work, so I decided to give it another shot. I spoke to 3 different reps, one who said he spoke with engineering which gave him a green light. I was beyond ecstatic since I have centurylink which is a piece of crap. I put in the order and had a tech come out today just to tell me the same thing they told me last time. "There is no line to your culdesac and the "plant" is 500 feet away." I became frustrated and kindly pointed at the telephone pole. He got confused and said he's calling his supervisor to come take a look and see what we can do.

I call cox back and they give me the same run around lines they did last time only it took them longer to tell me the same exact thing this time, only they had their information wrong on 3 occasions. Why would they run a line to every house around mine, and not just run one to my culdesac? I'm wondering if there's ever a chance to get anything better than 10/768 speeds because it's getting really irritating not being able to do much with that.

DDR329

@cox.net

The quick answer is cost. Does the telephone pole have Cox service running to it? If not and the closest plant is 500 feet away and if you are the only one in the court then it wouldn't be cost effective to spend a few thousand just to get one person on the network.

bmis42988

Yes, the telephone pole has service running to it. Thats why they call it a "plant". I know for a fact there are at least 4 people in my area who would love to have cox and have shown interest.

CoxVegas

join:2011-07-25
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:6

bmis42998, PM your home service address, and I'll see if I can't at least get a logical answer (might not be the one you want, but at least something that makes a little more sense)

bmis42988

reply to bmis42988

Sent my home address. Hopefully you can give me some piece of mind, even if its not good it's better than getting the run around!

CoxVegas

join:2011-07-25
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:6

Got your address, looking into this - I THINK I see where the confusion is (two systems disagree as to the status), I'm trying to get the definitive answer. Should know more in a day or so.