uniqs
share rss forum feed

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

1 recommendation

reply to Mr Matt

Re: Coverage like a Swiss Cheese.

Mr Matt you WILL get 4G within 6 months. Verizon has already stated ALL their 3G coverage will be 4G by mid year.

Mr Matt

join:2008-01-29
Eustis, FL
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Millenicom
·Embarq Now Centu..
·Comcast
·CenturyLink

According to Verizon's map I already have 4G coverage at my home. Verizon did not say in their announcement that they were going to fill in the holes in the Swiss Cheese. If the announcement stated that all towers that provide 3G service will be upgraded to 4G service I would feel allot more comfortable. Right now Verizon might never add 4G capability to the tower near me and still claim our area has 4G service, they already do. I just hope you are correct, that Verizon will enable 4G on the tower near me by mid 2013.

Metatron2008
Premium
join:2008-09-02
united state

They said a good while back that all 3g towers would be upgraded to 4g. Google it.

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness
reply to Mr Matt

without knowing your exact location you could be in a "extended" area.

Which says: "Access the 4G LTE network within the Verizon Extended Coverage Area; certain conditions may cause your service to connect to 3G in this Area"

Crookshanks

join:2008-02-04
Binghamton, NY
reply to Mr Matt

said by Mr Matt:

According to Verizon's map I already have 4G coverage at my home.

Do you have coverage outside? If so, their map is accurate. They have big huge disclaimers on all the maps that say "outdoor coverage", because they have zero control over building materials, foil backed insulation panels, etc, all of which can degrade RF coming into your home.

In actuality, there are outdoor stumbling blocks that they can't control either, like foliage, new construction that changes their multipath calculations, etc. Research some of the science behind RF, it's pretty damned amazing that this stuff works at all, let alone that it's become cheap enough that we can literally carry T-3s around in our pockets for $30/mo, on a device that costs a few hundred bucks.