spc
uniqs

EMM
@rogers.com

EMM to counting7

Anon

to counting7

Re: [Cable] Teksavvy Cable Constant Modem Restart [SB6120]

I'm running similar issue the last month or so, since an upgrade of service in the area.

Tue Dec 18 23:08:59 2012 Critical (3) DHCP WARNING - Non-critical field invalid in response.
Tue Dec 18 23:08:50 2012 Critical (3) No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out
Tue Dec 18 23:08:34 2012 Critical (3) DCC aborted unable to acquire new downstream channel

Roughly every 1/2 hour... Sometimes it skips...

I've done my research on this one, and getting techs arguing, REFUSING to look at the MODEM logs (only their remote logs)
They REFUSE to admit there's a problem with the line (downstream channel overlap!!!)
I just spent 20 minutes arguing with a tech that it was NOT the modem (5 replaced in the last 2-3 months), and NOT the network card on my computer (errors while modem is connected, powered on, but, unplugged from computer)

Have an ACTIVE forum post »communityforums.rogers.c ··· -id/8749 from them as well.
resa1983
Premium Member
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON

1 recommendation

resa1983

Premium Member

Have they checked your modem stats by any chance?

Do you have Excel? If so, you can run my Excel logger which grabs modem stats every minute and charts it.. Its one way to show Rogers there's an issue with the modem itself dropping.

Err, keep in mind this only works with the SB6120 & SB6121.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero to EMM

Premium Member

to EMM
Might turn out to be line attenuation or an RF issue somewheres on your line from the tap out, who knows. But yeah logging your signal levels will give a better idea over time.