Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

Looking for item stat info.

Is there a web site that will tell me what stats/buffs [what ever you call it], I should be looking for.
Also broken down by class..
I'm not looking for epic/boa/transmorg stuff, just stuff that drops as normal loot/quest reward or is made by players.
Cptbeatstix
join:2011-12-21
Carrollton, TX

Cptbeatstix

Wowhead has an itemizied list of all gear and is organized by the item level of said gear. If you are looking for a Best in Slot list for pre-raid and raiding, check out Icy-Veins and just click the class and spec that you are. They give all the info from reforging, talents, buff food usage and the Best in Slot gear based on location and even what is best to use if you haven't gotten a certain piece yet.

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

thank you. Do they make a droid ot IOS app for that as well?

Deft
Stros in '08
Premium Member
join:2003-09-06
Grand Forks, ND

Deft to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
»www.askmrrobot.com/
»www.icy-veins.com/
»www.wowpopular.com/

Suniojii
join:2009-10-31
Lakeside, CA

Suniojii to Snakeoil

to Snakeoil
said by Snakeoil:

thank you. Do they make a droid ot IOS app for that as well?

Yea, but it isn't free.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Deft

Premium Member

to Deft
These are the best sites for it, IMO. Mr. Robot lets you limit what is considered "Best in Slot" (i.e. exclude hard-mode raid, or include only LFR).

In-game, Atlas Loot works, as does the built-in dungeon guide.

Carpie
join:2012-10-19
united state

Carpie

Plus I'm pretty sure MrRobot has a mobile app (though I've not used it and can't speak to whether it is free or not)
Cptbeatstix
join:2011-12-21
Carrollton, TX

Cptbeatstix

I believe its only for iOS and it cost anywhere in the ballpark of 4.99 to 9.99 US. No game has ever really mean't enough for me to purchase an actual app.
Kleck
join:2012-08-27
Sahuarita, AZ

Kleck

Look up the Ask Mr Robot app and it is $2.00. It also has a free one week trial.

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

2 edits

Snakeoil

Premium Member

I looked in the itunes store for mrrobot and mr robot, and got various apps for robots, but none that dealt with WOW.

I did find Wow stats calculator in the google play store. It's listed as free.

»play.google.com/store/ap ··· lculator

But going by the screen shots, I'm not sure if that is what I want or not. Also, the app lacks written reviews, so I'm not sure how good or trustworthy it is.

I looked at Mr. Robots site. I like the layout and all that. I don't like that they are requiring me to register, to buy the mobile app.
Why are they even calling it an app?

»blog.askmrrobot.com/2012 ··· app-faq/

IMO, it just sounds like it's a special web page that is coded in html5 and not a true stand alone app. I'll have to try Mr. Robot on my nexus and see if it works like it does on my PC [without me registering].

Venom14
join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA

Venom14

because everyone loves apps, just look at windows 8. and people will pay for stuff.

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

I don't have windows 8 yet. Though if things go to plan, we'll be getting 3 laptops in the house. 2 for the kids, the tough sell is one for me [lol].
Then we'll have windows 8.

Though I'd rather just get the parts and upgrade my current box and keep Ubuntu on it.

But as I own a Ipad and a nexus 7, I get what your saying.

Deft
Stros in '08
Premium Member
Grand Forks, ND

Deft to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
if youre just going to the mrrobot website on the nexus it will not make u register.. but for the app i believe u have to register and pay.

also most those websites are for lvl 90's and make sure u go to the options and put in pre raid / lfr gear/ or Tier 14 just to help you out a little more.

Carpie
united state

Carpie

said by Deft:

also most those websites are for lvl 90's and make sure u go to the options and put in pre raid / lfr gear/ or Tier 14 just to help you out a little more.

Good point. I *think* it was maxdps.com which let you restrict the gear priorities based on level of toon. Having said that, the site is also behind the times and hasn't been update for all the MoP items so you are better off with one of the other sites for your level 90s.

Deft
Stros in '08
Premium Member
Grand Forks, ND

Deft

Premium Member

actually its still a good site.. they are more of a "BUY ZYGOR NOW" type site but u can bypass that.

still decent site. and it is updated just did trail runs for PVP only and gems blah blah yada yada

Carpie
united state

Carpie

said by Deft:

still decent site. and it is updated just did trail runs for PVP only and gems blah blah yada yada

Scroll down to the bottom for one of the equipment slots to see what they suggest for enchantments. This area wasn't up to date yesterday on my Aff warlock.

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil to Deft

Premium Member

to Deft
I found what I was looking for.

»www.wowwiki.com/Stamina#Stamina

I asked the wrong question, but still got some great help on that question as well.
I was wondering why my mana wasn't increasing on my mana users after I equipped them with INT items. Turns out the devs killed that with MOP.
quote:
Intellect in Mists of Pandaria
Mists of Pandaria This section concerns content exclusive to Mists of Pandaria.

Intellect will no longer affect (increase) the mana pool.[5]

From above link. But INT still adds to spell power. So it's all good, I guess, though I miss the deep mana pool my warlock used to have. Now I have to watch what spells I cast
I used to be able to spam soul fire non-stop, but now it chews up the mana.
I guess I need haste items on my lock, as will as INT items, because soul fire takes forever to cast. Though it does do nice damage.

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

1 edit

Nick D

Premium Member

INT is still your best stat, point for point. That said, item level determines your Intellect, so if you're looking at the same level of content (crafted gear, quest rewards, etc.) its usually a non-decision.

Haste is the best stat for Demonology, but its only "best" under long fight conditions. You won't really notice a difference just questing and on short fights (you need a fair amount of haste to knock even 0.1 seconds off your cast. That adds up after constantly casting for 10 minutes straight in a raid encounter, but on a 3-shot trash mob?)

Stop spamming Soul Fire. It's only meant to be cast under Molten Core procs (which is that spell alert you get if you use a default UI setup). Use Shadow Bolt more, and spam Touch of Chaos in Demon Form (they're the same button, as SBolt morphs into ToC).

Also, Demonology is largely based on bouncing the two resources around: you use mana to build Demonic Power, then regen mana while in Demon Form. For short questing kills, you're meant to use Life Tap in beween fights to get your mana back.

EDIT: The Int change was mostly made because healers would just get a bunch of Intellect and get both Throughput and Longevity. Now, there's a tradeoff (more Int for throughput, or more Spirit for regen?).

DPS, however, are not meant to OOM in long fights (if the spec is played the way designers intended; Arcane mages can't happily spam AB all day). So, if you're OOMing, you're playing in an unintended fashion. As a demo lock, for instance, that means you're not demon form enough and/or not life tapping

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

I don't life tap at all. Currently my mana is around 5000, and my lock is only lev 63.
Most mobs drop fast between the soul fire spam, felguard, and the imps. If it doesn't, then I summon [can't think of it now, but it's the stone looking thingy],
But typically, I can manage with out using life tap.

I do miss having soul stones for insta-cast. I don't even use them anymore. Though I should for the rez benefit.
fenix_jn
join:2006-12-28
Miami, FL

fenix_jn to Snakeoil

to Snakeoil
www.noxxic.com
BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium Member
join:2000-01-13

BlitzenZeus to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
While leveling it might be easier to be demo, but it's a strange playstyle now. Affliction is more forgiving than destro for lack of stats, and has a little better survivability when soloing. Each spec really has their own priorities now so when you're near 90 it's time to try to get gear better suited for your spec. As affliction I reforge all crit to anything else I can on that piece, and try to avoid pieces with crit if at all possible, including not buying some valor legs with crit while still wearing heroic blues until I could replace them. It also limits having a valid second spec unless you have the second set of gear, like pvp gear. Before you just used to stack haste, and crit, if you didn't have enough stats to support destro usually were affliction in raids, especially as pets usually didn't last long in raids.

In raids I only really see destro, and affliction locks now.

When you're a new 90 those sites will have you reforging some stats to the moon, and ignoring others which are still important, one even suggests you don't need to be anywhere near hit cap, however if the affliction soulburn plus soul swap misses with your limited shard capacity then you're stuck spending extra time manually reapplying the dots along with lost a shard.

Affliction is the only spec with soulburn now, and before 5.1 the aoe on destro was pretty bad while generally doing less dps than as affliction, however I believe they got a new aoe spell now.

These sites keep changes too, like noxxic used to say all out mastery, but now they say a haste soft cap, I always maintained a certain level of haste, and didn't follow them blindly, however did a few dps tests with changes.

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

I only have demon on my lock, so setting up my second talent won't be an issue.
So I could go affliction with no problem.
A non-demon lock has stronger spells, weaker demons?

Carpie
united state

Carpie to BlitzenZeus

to BlitzenZeus
said by BlitzenZeus:

Affliction is the only spec with soulburn now, and before 5.1 the aoe on destro was pretty bad while generally doing less dps than as affliction, however I believe they got a new aoe spell now.

I believe you may be thinking of the Cataclysm spell that was on the table for 5.1. Unfortunately it was shelved right before the 5.1 release and never made it to the game.

Having said that, one of the most FUN AOE spells comes from the tier 1 talents - Harvest Life. When I do old raid content, I pull as many mobs as I can, throw down rain of fire and then channel harvest life while the meteors continue to shower. Harvest life sucks the life from all nearby mobs and converts it to HP for you. It's the ultimate in suvivability when you've pulled more than you (thought) you could handle.
Carpie

Carpie to Snakeoil

to Snakeoil
said by Snakeoil:

A non-demon lock has stronger spells, weaker demons?

Yes.

Aff/Destro don't rely much on the demons at all. In fact whe you hit level 90, the Grimoire of Sacrifice is the talent of choice which sacs your demon and boosts your spell output.

For questing, the only demon you'll ever need to use is the Void Walker so that he'll tank (draw aggro) while you melt them down.
Vinceruos_t
join:2012-05-04

Vinceruos_t to fenix_jn

to fenix_jn
NEVER listen to noxxic...

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil to Carpie

Premium Member

to Carpie
I can't do that to my buddies. I remember the day I fought and bound my succubus to me, and my felguard, and my imp, and my voidwalker. My toon is old enough, I remember how Warlocks used to have to battle the demons who would be their slaves.
[the above is said with a wink, meaning in partially in jest].

So I'd be back to big blue. I guess I should attempt this now, so I can get used to the play style at lower levels.
BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium Member

BlitzenZeus to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
Not significantly, but the felguard is an exception for more damage, however isn't the best tank. I use the voidwalker all the time for soloing, and using soulburn plus life funnel is something only affliction can do. I even used the voidwalker in the brawlers guild, some of them never got even close to killing blue with the passive healing from the first talent in the tree, while other times he valiantly sacrificed himself by eating a big attack I couldn't interrupt, which I didn't want to eat. You can only fear a mob a few times, and you have to pick between death coil and shadowfury. When using, or sacrificing your fel hunter it gives you your only interrupt, however the fel hunter dies very quickly.

One thing I didn't care for about demon was if you lost your pet you dropped a significant amount of damage, which is why I hated demon for raiding, but if you sacrifice it you gain more damage, etc..

They're gonna throw so much mastery gear at you at first when you're in panda land aff, or destro will be the way to go.

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain

Why on earth would you use the blueberry as demo? you're doing it wrong. glyph Dark Apotheosis and take the "Threatening presence" off your felguard. He won't die, you'll be taking hits but the glyph increases your threat by 500% and increases your armor and stuff. Once your felguard learns Felstorm, you will easily take out 7-10 mobs using only Hand of Gul'dan and Felstorm while maybe throwing in some Chaos slices. Demo spec is easy mode for leveling.

Also, at lower levels that glyph will allow you to hop in dungeons and when you have a bad tank, you as the warlock can tank better than the tank and take less damage. you get many Def CDs and Drain Life.

don't use the blueberry as demo....ever.
BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium Member

BlitzenZeus

Premium Member

I wasn't talking about trash I'm talking about elites, rares, and bosses. I've tanked a heroic boss with my voidwalker as aff. I did a dps, and survivability test as demon with a melee heavy rare, it was eating the felguard alive, and without the quick soulburn plus health funnel I ended up having to channel health instead of doing dps. The felguard is still not the super pet it needs to be, it dies all the time in the brawlers guild too.

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain

Grimoire of Supremacy. make sure threatening presence is OFF. WIN