uniqs
share rss forum feed

Cptbeatstix

join:2011-12-21
Carrollton, TX
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

For teh Lulz! ^.^

I don't know if anyone has tried this yet, but I did last night. So we had some fresh 85-87 toons that needed a dungeon tank. So I got on my Warrior and tanked for them. Pulling half the instance and pretty much not taking any damage, I decided to have a bit of fun. I swapped into dps (which is mostly contenders gear minus a few 463/476 pieces.) and went to see what I could do. I ended up tanking SP mona, The serpent instance and SSB. I never had any issues with hp and since I could generate enough threat I didn't bother being in defensive so I wouldn't be rage starved.

I was both amused with this and disappointed. Has the content really gotten that easy that I don't need tank gear to tank instances anymore. I mean, it isn't that big of a deal, but you couldn't do that in Cata.

primeomega

join:2004-03-11
De Pere, WI

I remember in the last exp. when my buddy would tank (pally) and I would heal as a enhancement shaman. He was so geared as was I, we could blow though 5 mans so fast it was nuts.

I find a lot of this in not always the game, but knowing how to play your toon. We has so many years on our mains, it really is 2nd nature to play them.

That and we ran so much raids/5 mans together, it was almost like we could read what the other would do when shit hit the fan.

Was good times!

On a side note, when I did switch to heal spec, we would pull, pull and pull some more to see how many we could get going at once. If we did a pug, it was so funny hearing people get all upset and crazy.

Kilroy
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN
reply to Cptbeatstix

I don't mind when that tank pulls as much as he can handle, provided he can handle it. If they don't know the healer and over pull it is an instant wipe, normally blamed on the healer by the tank.

When I tank the first few pulls are used to gage the healer and DPS, after that, I know how fast we can go. I'm amazed playing all 11 classes I'm normally in the top two for DPS and even tanking I'm not at the bottom. There are a lot of people who have no idea how to play their toons. Part of my problem is that I can only really run on the weekend when the casual players are playing.
--
“Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.” ¯ Robert A. Heinlein

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5

said by Kilroy:

I don't mind when that tank pulls as much as he can handle, provided he can handle it. If they don't know the healer and over pull it is an instant wipe, normally blamed on the healer by the tank.

When I tank the first few pulls are used to gage the healer and DPS, after that, I know how fast we can go.

+1
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

Savious
Premium
join:2012-03-05
Belgrade, MT
kudos:4

You're also a 90 with probably 3-4 times the health of your typical 85-70.

Your gear is far tuned for higher end content where the incoming damage is larger.

You're an NBA player playing in Division 1 College.
--
Jobbie told me to keep my signature the same. This is me rebelling.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5

said by Savious:

You're also a 90 with probably 3-4 times the health of your typical 85-70.

Your gear is far tuned for higher end content where the incoming damage is larger.

You're an NBA player playing in Division 1 College.

You can do this with any dungeon in WoW even the current ones with current gear.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

Cptbeatstix

Carrollton, TX
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Savious

My blood DK sits about 256k hp at 86 and he's about the same way in dungeons. The healer we had was 85 and she didnt know what she was doing lol. I agree with you to a point where there is a difference in the damage output from mobs. But still doesn't negate the fact that there was no crushing blows whatsover from the dungeon bosses.

Cptbeatstix

Carrollton, TX
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Kilroy

In heroics, I pretty much can pull almost all trash before a boss on my tank. The reason I don't do that off the bat is exactly what you are saying kilroy. Gotta gauge the healer. Even if you are a heroic raid tank, you can still wipe in normal heroics if you have a shitty healer.

Cptbeatstix

Carrollton, TX
reply to primeomega

When I'm on my disc priest, I tell the tank to just keep going. 3 Heroic Maw mace from DS.