uniqs
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704 to potato6

Premium Member

to potato6

Re: My VoIP Service Provider Requirements - Recommendations?

said by potato6:

voip.ms meets all those except outbound CNAM registration. I think you may be right, there probably are no byod voip providers that support outbound CNAM in the US.

Voip.MS does offer it in [some] areas, as do Vitelity, FlowRoute, and FutureNine.

But as I said, if Voip.MS can't do it in your area, then others probably can't either.
said by potato6:

If this is indeed the case, then I will probably stay with voip.ms as I already have everything set up. I'll just need to explain to some people that my CID will only show city and number - learn the damn number!

Really, so many of your friends must be able to program your number into their phones or phone services, so your name will show up.

Or they should just learn the number!
said by potato6:

I'll just need to explain to some people that my CID will only show city and number - learn the damn number!

If your name happens to be Montgomery, Daphne, Florence, Chelsea, Helena, Madison, Dora, Jasper, or Troy, get a number from one of those areas, use that as outbound CID.

Then when you call your friends, the city name will actually be [your] name, so they will pick up the call....