how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

idontgetit

@comcast.net
reply to pclover

Re: [Rant] Comcast will not upgrade areas unless there is compet

What do you mean? What upgrade are you waiting for? You're in a D3 market with D3 speeds, as evidenced by your channel bonding, so it was "upgraded". Want more speed then pay for it.

Speeds available to you are 3, 6, 15, 25, 50 and 105, pick one.

If your idea of "upgrade" is something for nothing, like what happened in the northeast then you're right, not gonna happen right away. Even without competition, it'll eventually happen.

pclover

join:2008-08-02
Santa Cruz, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by idontgetit :

What do you mean? What upgrade are you waiting for? You're in a D3 market with D3 speeds, as evidenced by your channel bonding, so it was "upgraded". Want more speed then pay for it.

Speeds available to you are 3, 6, 15, 25, 50 and 105, pick one.

If your idea of "upgrade" is something for nothing, like what happened in the northeast then you're right, not gonna happen right away. Even without competition, it'll eventually happen.

Yes, D3 exists here but they are not offering any speed upgrades. I asked Comcast Steve and comcast and they all say 16 Mbps is the fastest offered in my area. Steve said D2 speed tiers are the only ones in my area. Comcast Cares basically said they don't want to spend the money in my area to upgrade but the question remains what upgrades now?

My friend in New Jersey gets 53 Mbps with only 4 DS channels.