morisato

join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to tedrampart

Re: A question about Linux ISOs, No Really LINUX ISO's For real!

ya I have never Used Any Linux, but i can rip windows apart with my eyes shut I use all the apps That Linux users do rofl, Just windows versions So i really Should try and switch. maybe i will dual boot on my main machine to get used to it. I think most of my steam games will run on it. who knows.
--
Every time Someone leaves Sympatico an Angel gets its wings.

tedrampart

join:2011-12-13
London, ON
well steam for linux is about to be released, but sadly needs ubuntu 12.10 from what I've read of it.

I used to used steam in Linux using WINE (wine is not an emulator, recursive acronyms .. get used to those haha) for a long time, played the half-life series that way actually.. worked well but not a forsure.. good luck, it's quite liberating being free from closed corporate software and be at peace with it!

n2burns

join:2012-11-27
Chatham, ON
"Officially" Steam for Linux only supports Ubuntu but works with most other distros. My distro of choice is Crunchbang, which is an Openbox based Debian distro and I'm running the beta of Steam just fine.

n2burns

join:2012-11-27
Chatham, ON
reply to morisato
I suggest running VMs to test out distros. Try a few different distros to see what you like. I would recommend trying Ubuntu (though I hate the new DE, Unity), Crunchbang, Mint but give a go to any other versions that perk your interest a go.